SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys remember when VP9s were all the rage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys remember when VP9s were all the rage? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Had a VP9 ...... never gel’d with it.

Same here. Got one when they first came out. Accurate and no problems but I couldn't "gel" with it as you said.
Had my then GF with me and she even knew when I shot it. Usual smile was replaced with a quizzical look on my face.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I love my VP9, one of my very top favorite 9MM pistols. I bought mine about three years ago and have not been tempted by any of the newer striker fired pistols since. Also have a Walther PPQ and Gen 2 Glock 19 and love them all.

For my larger hands the VP9 is perfect with the large back strap and really appreciate the way the trigger breaks farther forward than most of the other striker fired pistols. Mine also had an excellent trigger out of the box.

Being a brand new striker fired pistol the VP9 has proven to be typical HK pistol being very reliable and durable unlike other recent offerings from SIG and CZ right out of the gate. I rarely read about any legitimate problem with the VP9 and well over 100,000 have been sold and the problems I read about are almost all that the new owners shoots weak ammo out of it and/or does not lube and clean it before first range trip.

I had mine along last range trip and will be taking it again next week.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well, I had one, but sold it. It's a fine gun in a crowded category. I just opted for the M&P Series instead.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
The VP9 made the same mistake everyone else made in making a striker fired gun. It was bigger than the Glock 19.

What it had going for it was amazing ergonomics. I switched to the VP9 and VP9 sk and was extremely happy. They were a little bigger than I wanted them to be for their capacity, but the ergos made it worth it.

Then M&P 2.0 came out. The ergos are actually better than the 1.0 AND they made a G19 size gun with 15+1.

That killed the VP9 experience for me. I’m all 2.0 now. I never even considered the CZ P10 either. I love CZ’s and have several 75/so-01’s, but not enough to carry a 15+1 larger than my 2.0 Compact.

The 2.0 Compact is heavier than the P10C, yes, by only 2-3 ounces. About as insignificant as the P10C is larger. I have them all (well, had a VP9 for about a month), though I only prefer the P10C to the 2.0 due to the better trigger (for me). Though my P10C fits in practically every G19 holster I have, except my Incog's made specifically for the 19.5. Everyone is obviously different.

My three, my P10C, 2.0c and 19.5...

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
The VP9 made the same mistake everyone else made in making a striker fired gun. It was bigger than the Glock 19.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Except not everyone likes 19 sized guns. Even when I had Glocks the 19 was carried the least amount of times.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, the G19 handle is too small for my big mitts, but the VP9 and my Steyrs are perfect. i have been tempted by the new 19X or whatever it is called. but i already have that area quite covered now. no need to add anything else to the mix. the VP9 is also one of the few autoloaders that i can point shoot like a laser. it is almost unreal. the only other gun that i can do as well without using sights is my Ruger Blackhawk. just the icing on the cake for me.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Except not everyone likes 19 sized guns. Even when I had Glocks the 19 was carried the least amount of times.

Agreed, but it's hard to overlook that the G19 is a very very popular sized CCW.

Both HK (VP9s and P30s) and SIG (P320s) make something slightly larger and something slightly smaller. S&W as well until recently with the new M&P that is the same size - now I wonder why the did that??? Wink Hmmmm??? Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I bought a NIB LE VP over a year ago and have yet to shoot it. I like everything about it but I really like my PPQ M2 so I just haven’t shot it yet. I really need to rent one at my local gun range and see if I want to keep mine or sell it and get a PPQ SC or P365.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Sold mine, once I added the right grip materials to my Steyr M9-A1 nothing in the striker category matched up. For what it’s worth though, the VP9 was the last striker 9mm I let go of.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I bought a NIB LE VP over a year ago and have yet to shoot it. I like everything about it but I really like my PPQ M2 so I just haven’t shot it yet. I really need to rent one at my local gun range and see if I want to keep mine or sell it and get a PPQ SC or P365.

Let me know if you decide to sell the NIB VP9 reasonable.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
yeah, the G19 handle is too small for my big mitts, but the VP9 and my Steyrs are perfect. i have been tempted by the new 19X or whatever it is called. but i already have that area quite covered now. no need to add anything else to the mix. the VP9 is also one of the few autoloaders that i can point shoot like a laser. it is almost unreal. the only other gun that i can do as well without using sights is my Ruger Blackhawk. just the icing on the cake for me.

dozer

Ive never understood the 19X or similar guns like the 220 carry where they shorten the barrel and keep a fullsize grip. I cant recall a time whne Ive had a time concealing the barrel of a gun. Id take a VP9X with VP9SK grip and VP9 slide.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Ive never understood the 19X or similar guns like the 220 carry where they shorten the barrel and keep a fullsize grip. I cant recall a time whne Ive had a time concealing the barrel of a gun. Id take a VP9X with VP9SK grip and VP9 slide.

Simple, not everyone has the same requirements as you. I prefer longer grips, shorter slides. I carry AIWB and use mainly, the Incog Eclipse for my Glocks. The 19X carries perfect it in as it rides deep and the longer grip allows me to get a solid grip when I draw from concealment. I carry the 19X with the 19 round mag without much issue.
Of course my preferred carry method is not everyone's cup of tea.

The new M&P 2.0 3.6" I might try, with the 17 round mag and extension. Just need the right holster as some ride too high for a longer grip. Then guns like the 19X don't work as the grip does stick out too far.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my pinky hangs off the grip of a glock 19. If I am going to carry a gun like that, i will go ahead and carry a true pocket gun.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post