SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys remember when VP9s were all the rage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys remember when VP9s were all the rage? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
You guys remember when VP9s were all the rage? It was only about a year ago or so! I have not shot mine in a month of Sundays! I might take it out tomorrow!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when there was a shortage of 10round magazines. It was insane.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I carry mine everyday...and the price was 499 with 4 extra magazines... for a total of 7 magazines.. Le version. Almost forgot the free benchmade knife included..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Damn if you haven't got me thinking about pulling mine out of the safe.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I really like mine, like it more every time I shoot it.

Wish they would make a .45 version, and looking forward to the long slide version

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It had a small window when it was the "It" gun. Then newer, more interesting guns came out from other makers.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My wife got one and could not be happier. I offered to let her shoot my P229 Legion and she said she was all set. I actually liked it too so I picked up a P30sk for carry.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Had a VP9 ...... never gel’d with it. Bought a P30....LOVE IT.

No idea why.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that I'm taking shooting tomorrow, there was a home invasion across the street from her last week. I've been trying to get her to train for a couple of years. I have been talking to her to go beyond her .380. She want to go tomorrow, I'm bringing my VP9, sigpro, P938, GP100 and 629 (8 3/8th" barrel) to see where we go!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about getting one. Can’t decide between that the 19x abs the gen 5 17

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i shoot mine every chance i get. it is my nightstand gun and i couldn't be happier with it. patiently waiting for an optics cut model to show up here in the US.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
A P30 or P30sk is still my EDC, however I recently traded into a VP9 out of a P320 that I never could get used to. Have since shot it in several local USPSA matches and couldn’t be happier. About the only striker fired gun I’ve ever gotten in to.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
It was about a year ago when I went to my LGS/range to shoot a P320. Thought sure I’d get one, just wanted some rounds through it to confirm.

No P320 available so the RO recommended the VP-9. So glad he did because I was very accurate with the first 30 rounds, and more to follow. I was sold! Fit my hand like a glove!

200+ rounds later it is my favorite bedside and range gun. It’s too big for me as a CCW, but, if it was all I had available for CCW, I’d make it work.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I have a grey frame one on lay-a-way I hope to get out by my birthday. Shot a friend's VP-9 after a USPSA Match and did better shooting it at speed than any Glock I have ever tried. Just felt more solid and almost as easy to shoot as my 1911s'. Already have some additional magazines on order at Midway and looking for a holster now.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
When I carry 9mm, it’s my VP9.
I still shoot it monthly and qualify with it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The VP9 made the same mistake everyone else made in making a striker fired gun. It was bigger than the Glock 19.

What it had going for it was amazing ergonomics. I switched to the VP9 and VP9 sk and was extremely happy. They were a little bigger than I wanted them to be for their capacity, but the ergos made it worth it.

Then M&P 2.0 came out. The ergos are actually better than the 1.0 AND they made a G19 size gun with 15+1.

That killed the VP9 experience for me. I’m all 2.0 now. I never even considered the CZ P10 either. I love CZ’s and have several 75/so-01’s, but not enough to carry a 15+1 larger than my 2.0 Compact.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
The VP9 made the same mistake everyone else made in making a striker fired gun. It was bigger than the Glock 19.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
I carry mine everyday...and the price was 499 with 4 extra magazines... for a total of 7 magazines.. Le version. Almost forgot the free benchmade knife included..

Yeah. $499 w/6 mags made it “all the rage” but that doesn’t mean it sucks now that it’s gone back to MSRP. Still love mine. It’s a very high quality striker that sits by my bedside.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That killed the VP9 experience for me. I’m all 2.0 now. I never even considered the CZ P10 either. I love CZ’s and have several 75/so-01’s, but not enough to carry a 15+1 larger than my 2.0 Compact.

You made the right choice skipping the P-10C. I bought one and decided it was a slightly less ergonomic version of my VP9 - it doesn’t do anything better than the HK for me, so ultimately I got rid of it.

Now I am experiencing great cognitive dissonance thanks to the M&P 2.0 compact. I want to say my beloved VP9 and FNS-9 are better. But the 2.0 nails the size/capacity in a way the VP9 doesn’t, and the included 17rd mag adapters make it almost identical to the FNS-9 in size/capacity with the added benefit of being able to shrink down to a G19 equivalent by using the standard mag. Throw in the Apex trigger and I have no reason to choose anything else.

I am very fortunate in that I can afford to keep them all. To the OP, that’s what happened to my VP9 enthusiasm...it’s awesome, but the Apex M&P 2.0 compact has taken over as my current “all the rage” striker.

Posts: 29 | Registered: September 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the VP9 but as it's already been said, it was a dumb mistake to make it any bigger than the G19. Then on top of that we have HKs refusal to fill up they're magazines, so you have a G17 size pistol with G19 capacity. That's just stupid.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post