SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FnH FNS Pistol experiences...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FnH FNS Pistol experiences... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have experience with the FNX-9 , accurate, reliable, ergonomic. Nothing bad to say about FN pistols, but my experience is limited to this one model. The down side of FN pistols particularly is the lack of after market support/accessories.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a FNS in 9mm. The trigger was so bad I sold it. I also have a FNS in 40 cal. It has a good trigger; but I rarely shoot it as it is kind of heavy to me for a striker fired pistol. I like the FNX series better; but cannot find a good grip on the pistol because of the safety being in the way of my grip on the pistol making it uncomfortable to shoot.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I had a FN FNS 9. It was a good solid pistol. Barrel looks a little thin...but it is accurate. I really can't speak of the ambi control as I am right handed. But v the left hand control are the same one as the other. This is not quite the same as other pistols such as the VP9. It is a solid pistol that really don't shine like other striker died pistols like PPQ, VP9, or the Glock 19. It is a solid viable option for someone that just like it for what it is. Actually, you should give the ppq a good look as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beanhead,

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
I had an FNP9 briefly. Accurate for about the first 100 rounds and once it would heat up you couldn't hit paper with it. Set it back, they fixed it, and I traded it in.

Hopefully they've resolved that issue since then....(approximately 2011)

NRA LIFE MEMBER
ISRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Q83:
I had an FNP9 briefly. Accurate for about the first 100 rounds and once it would heat up you couldn't hit paper with it. Set it back, they fixed it, and I traded it in.

Hopefully they've resolved that issue since then....(approximately 2011)

The FNP was discontinued and replaced by the FNX.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
Good to know. It was meant as a blanket statement, hoping that none of their current models have the issue I experienced.

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
FNP 40 here. Nice pistol only a little trigger sting after about 50 rnds. Got a great deal on it, 5 mags, 2 14 rnd and 3 10 rnd. and all for less than 5 including shipping and ffl fees.. It is in my carry rotation .

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the FNS-9 just to compare to other strikers. I was actually surprised that I kinda liked it. It looks blocky like a Glock. The grips are really grippy. The trigger isn't awesome, but it's a touch better than a standard Glock or M&P. The mag release is a bit different, being fully ambi as a push button. It's also oval-ish and kinda domed. Still, I was interested enough to shoot more with it.

Ultimately, it was a pleasant surprise. It made my list of "next to get" but I think the M&P 2.0 is higher.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BuddyChryst,

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the feedback. I had an FNX 45 a few years back but a totally different FCS compared to the FNS. I spent some time with a FNS last weekend and was offered a FNS 40 in pristine shape at a stupid price and wanted to see if there was any reason to stay away from it. I picked it a five mags up with it. Thanks for all the feedback Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll enjoy it. I currently have 2 FS with safeties, a 9 & a 40. Recently picked up an FNS9C and it's replaced my PM9 for EDC. I shoot them better than the 320 or any Glock I've handled. All three of mine were under $400 shipped.

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jcat, I sent you a PM about your holsters.

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post