SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p239 magazine options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p239 magazine options Login/Join 
posted
Hello, I'm a new owner a p239 and would like to have 10 round mags as opposed to the 8 round 9mm magazines for home security.

Upon searching, everything is out of stock or discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can source a few 10 round mags for the 9mm p239?

Posts: 14 | Registered: September 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I cannot speak to the quality or actual use but these days this is probably your best bet.

I don’t remember ever hearing anything negative about these guys and they post here from time to time.

Give the magazine extension a shot, it’s very inexpensive.

https://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sauer/p239/

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks like a good half-way point. I just ordered 3 for my 8rd mags. Thanks for the link!

Price is definitely more affordable than what people are trying to charge for the 10rd mags...

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If you don't have factory grips on your P239 you will have to trim the edges on those extensions.... not really a problem and easy to do but you'll see what I mean if you need to.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the factory grips still installed.

I'm noticing the mag release button feels ever so slightly stiffer with the +1 extension installed. Also, it takes just a more effort to get the mag to lock in compared to the factory mag.

A light tap with my palm to the bottom of the factory mag will get the mag to lock in. The same light tap into the galloway extension mag doesn't lock in.

Does anyone else with the +1 extension notice the same thing?

posted Hide Post
Just found another issue. with 9 rounds in the magazine, the 5th bullet in the mag blocks the mag release button and the mag never snaps in.

Tried two different +1 mag extensions and 2 different magazines