SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slide Assemblies on ebay?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide Assemblies on ebay? Login/Join 
Picture of SOTAR
posted
I have some eBay gift cards, no expiration so no hurry.

Was thinking about picking up a slide assembly. For 226 and/or a 229 both in .40, thus I could get a 9mm.

I haven't priced them out before, never even considered buying one. The 226 I would consider this one 226 Mk 25 It is just a standard every day 226 I think German frame. I don't see any problems putting a MK-25 slide on it, am I missing something?

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
My only concern would be that there are a lot of copy's on Ebay.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
My only conce. rn would be that there are a lot of copy's on Ebay.
I guess its possible but I've never seen a copy of a Sig slide. Dont even know of any reputable company making them.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You should be fine.

The only thing you'll be missing out on is 357 Sig. Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought you could go from a .40 or .357 sig to a 9mm by changing the slide/barrel or a drop in barrel, but you couldn't go the other way around if the gun was produced as a 9mm?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR: The 226 I would consider this one 226 Mk 25

Good lord, I nearly fell out of my chair. Sorry to me that's nuts.

This is a more and more common business model, buy a whole gun and sell it in halves for for 25-50% more than they have in it. Really common with T/C muzzle loaders, people buy them local or on gun broker and sell half of it on Ebay for more than they paid for the whole gun.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR: The 226 I would consider this one 226 Mk 25

Good lord, I nearly fell out of my chair. Sorry to me that's nuts.

This is a more and more common business model, buy a whole gun and sell it in halves for for 25-50% more than they have in it. Really common with T/C muzzle loaders, people buy them local or on gun broker and sell half of it on Ebay for more than they paid for the whole gun.

True. But, that MK25 upper assembly here is clearly not a split-up. It was sold as a stand alone assembly from SIG.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I thought you could go from a .40 or .357 sig to a 9mm by changing the slide/barrel or a drop in barrel, but you couldn't go the other way around if the gun was produced as a 9mm?

I have done it both ways. I have a P226-40/357 and a 9mm upper that works perfectly (as does a simple 9mm barrel & mag swap with the 40/357 lower & slide, though not recommended). I also have a P226r-9mm that marries with a 40/357 upper and works perfectly on the 9mm lower.

Sig P226R 9mm/40/357/22
Sig P226 357/40/9/22
Sig P6
Sig P228
Sig P229R DAK 357/40/9
SigPro 2340 40/357/9
SigPro 2022 40/357/9
Sig P938 9mm/22lr
Sig P227
Sig M18
Sig P365

Posts: 790 | Location: Los Angeles, CA & SLC, UT | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments on the business model aspect of this above. There is a reasonably well known seller on GB, WG something, Who apparently buys new Ruger Mk4’s then parts them out. He takes a pistol that he probably has $400 into, sells the upper for $300, the grip frames for $3-400, bolts for $120, etc. Mk4 Lites are going for $800+ now on GB, so since I had an MK4 lower, I am just out $300 plus transfer for a second pistol. Back on topic, I just picked up a CZ Kadet Conv kit off of Fleabay. Couldn’t be happier, absolutely NIB, even the label was uncut on the box, and it came with a 30 day moneyback guarantee.

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post