SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So...what happened to the Hudson H9?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...what happened to the Hudson H9? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Seems like it took a left turn then promptly fell off the face of the planet. I heard and read grumblings about reliability. Saw a few YT vids throughout last year. And now 2018 is about 1/3rd done and no one says much of anything about the gun.

Wha' 'appen?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
An expensive piece of reinventing-the-wheel. That's what happened.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Fizzled... Other pistols on the market that could perform on par or better I guess..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Like many others, it was popular because of the internet buzz that was created about it. And once the buzz died, so did the pistol.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ford Edsel strikes again. Advertising can create awareness, but it can't make anybody buy something they don't want or don't understand the reason why they should want it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are apparently some out there being shot. The question is, will a one trick pony be able to hang in there. Established manufacturers are scrambling for every little niche in a crowded market.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll be able to pick one up cheap when my son (Hudson) turns 21....

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I must have been under a rock. I hadn't heard of it, then discovered one for sale on a local board here. Nigh on impossible for anything to displace my love for a 226, though.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I must have been under a rock. I hadn't heard of it, then discovered one for sale on a local board here.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1550071714/p/1

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that. I meant there is one on a board in Las Vegas right now. I guess it looks okay but I'm not for abandoning what works for the next "great" thing.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one at the last gun show I went to. It felt and looked OK, but it's a $1100 9mm. That's a market point that's pretty crowded with a lot of very nice, established pistols.

Kinda hard to break in there.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my local shop has one for sale used. The previous owner bought it and a DW valor 9mm. He ended up keeping the valor.

I was able to shoot the hudson, hell we put 650 rounds through it with the owner. It shot everything, not one failure. I was really pleased with how it shot, felt, and the quick pick up from the recoil. It is a great gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
When (if) a 2.0 comes out at a better price point and some issues fixed I'll probably get one just for something cool at the range. It's also approved for USPSA Production and may be where this thing shines.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the range (ReLoad) Tarpon Springs Florida has one in their show case.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My local range has one to rent. I shot it and it’s a nice gun. I’m not going to buy one of course but I’m glad I got the chance to shoot it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s an $1100 steel frame pistol. That’s a limited market. The example I got to shoot shoots well.

They released an alloy frame version at SHOT this year which is supposed to have a slightly lower price point.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had a guy come in and wanted me to buy it,

he wanted damn near retail for it,

needless to say he still has it,

may be the one zoom6zoom saw on the local trader (vaguntrader?)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Another invention time swallowed and burped out into the ethersphere....
I'd rather have this one back, a Colt revolver with a camera attached from 1938 NY.
Now that's kinda cool....

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Just hang your body cam on your Python, and you have the same thing. Smile

Q

Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
a Colt revolver with a camera attached from 1938 NY.

Smile...wait for the flash. Big Grin

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post