SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So...what happened to the Hudson H9?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...what happened to the Hudson H9? Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
It was an answer to a question no one asked.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have no interest to buy one though I got to hold one today and it felt GREAT in the hand. Grip is very nice and allows a high purchase. Good ergos and pointed well. Had fantastic big orange dot front sight that just popped,not sure what make, maybe Trijicon, but it was nice.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^ Just hang your body cam on your Python, and you have the same thing. Smile

I dunno, something about old black and white pics makes it far more amusing, since in reality you're gonna get a shot at the same moment of the shot (no pun intended). Kinda of like that famous Lee Harvey Oswald picture at the moment Jack Ruby got him, pure shock or astonishment. I'd imagine a developed picture from that Colt/Kodak set up looking like this...

Caption? "But 158 gr. lead round nose are supposed to suck! Gaaaaaarrrrrghhhhh!"

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet they’d sell a bunch if they offered it in 10mm. I couldn’t care less about some fancy recoil reduction system in a full size metal 9mm.. but in best millimeter you have my attention

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've had near zero inquiries about the gun this year, which I think is unusual because before last Christmas there seem to be an average of one or two queries (just to me alone) about the gun a week. Had me thinkin' that mebbe they all got themselves one under the tree, or sumpthin'...

Still haven't seen one in the flesh myself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of vaporware guns... where is the Salient Stryke one V2?

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Since we're on the "What happened" streak, what happened to the VP9? It came out to great fanfare and excitement only to get overshadowed by the Glock, M&P, and the P320. We didn't even hear from them from the FBI tests or the Army tests?

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Since we're on the "What happened" streak, what happened to the VP9? It came out to great fanfare and excitement only to get overshadowed by the Glock, M&P, and the P320. We didn't even hear from them from the FBI tests or the Army tests?

Blame it on Tim of the Military Arms Channel on YouTube. After he started chucking his around in his infamous 'torture' video (nothing 'test' about that vid), the VP9 world was never the same. In all seriousness, the VP9 doesn't tolerate contaminants very well. It would've done poorly in any military trial; even HK knows that now after they went and tried implementing a heavier recoil spring with little to now improvement. 'KISS' is a sound principle, not just a name of a rock band.

As for the rest of us in the civilian world, the Veep still sells pretty well for us, though the subcompact SK variants do move faster. No surprise, since CCW-friendly models are always more popular. And as dirt-adverse as the gun's innards may be, it's still a very nice shooter for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
Speaking of vaporware guns... where is the Salient Stryke one V2?

Not sure if US production by Salient ever happened. Most recent posts I read said they were still being made in Europe with DE markings which I assume means Germany.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

The VP9 has been excluded from several large LE and military tests because of its 15 round capacity and the paddle style mag release.

Both the DHS/ICE and FBI solicitations specifically required button style mag releases so the VP9was not tested.

The VP9 did well in the TX DPS handgun testing but lost the contract to SIG’s P320. The solicitation for the OK highway patrol testing shortly thereafter specified a 17 round capacity excluding the VP9.

Was the VP9 submitted for the Army MHS ?

HK supposedly has a version of the SFP9 (euro VP9) which has a modular mag release that can be configured as either a paddle or a button but it may have come a little too late.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post