SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just got me the S&W M&P 2.0, 5” barrel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got me the S&W M&P 2.0, 5” barrel Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
I blame it on jljones and all the rest of the great online video reviews.

This is my “pre-baby last gun for a while gun”.

I originally went to Tanner’s gun store with the mission to buy a P226, first time I went, power was out due to the first snow storm. Second time I went I got there at 5:30 (close at 6pm)...just enough time to find out there weren’t any P226’s and enough time to handle a few others, which happened to be the M&P 2.0...it just fit my hand perfectly compared to the others I considered.

I took this as a sign and did a ton of research and I was impressed with what people were saying about it. So I took off work early, went in with a mission and got my new baby.

5” in barrel, in baby puke fde, and I can’t wait to shoot it!

Not my photo btw

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice. M&Ps seem to multiply, once you decide they are a good fit.
Enjoy!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photo! I’ve been loosing sleep over that exact model. Congratulations.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Congrats, great gun IMO. I have the same gun but removed the safety.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The design of their thumb safeties ruins the M&P for me in either generation. Thankfully it's easy to take out, as I did with my first gen 9c.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The design of their thumb safeties ruins the M&P for me in either generation. Thankfully it's easy to take out, as I did with my first gen 9c.

S&W is selling one without a safety soon.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup. I'd show some interest in the non-safety version of this gun.

Also nothing but love here for Tanner's. Emailed them yesterday, I'm #4 on the list for a P365. Another shop I like in that area is The Bunker just down the road. Much smaller and not as busy but they have some great prices on used guns and some new guns from time to time.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard people say that S&W will send you a free safety plug. I’ll contact them later today and see what I come up with.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Nice pickup. I'd show some interest in the non-safety version of this gun.

Also nothing but love here for Tanner's. Emailed them yesterday, I'm #4 on the list for a P365. Another shop I like in that area is The Bunker just down the road. Much smaller and not as busy but they have some great prices on used guns and some new guns from time to time.

Such a great store. Amazing prices. And the service is outstanding.

Dealt with Hawk for this purchase.

Every time someone asked how their day was, the answer was usually, “Great! I’m in a gun store!”

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Baby puke er not, I like the color and, 5" is pretty cool length. Only other M&P I ever liked was a mid size little piece in .357 Sig. Probably no longer made.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun, I opted for the M&P45 2.0 with 4.6" barrel. Taking it to the range tomorrow.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun. I've thought about going to Tanner's to look for exactly the same thing. I tend to go back and forth between them and Classic Pistol (the range I use) depend on who has what. I'll have to drive over there tomorrow.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do appreciate the size and location of those safeties, but my shirts developed holes, need to find a single sided or modify the one I have.

They are big enough to ride, positive in movement, impossible to miss

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I’ve heard people say that S&W will send you a free safety plug. I’ll contact them later today and see what I come up with.

They sent me free safety plugs. Very easy to take the safety out if that is hat you wish.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. They actually offer the exact same pistol without a manual safety or tactile loaded chamber indicator (just has a hole like the other models) under a different model number. I continue to be tempted by it but have resisted so far. I do really enjoy my non-safety M2.0 4.25" 9mm a lot though. Congrats and enjoy.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one just like that, I'm liking it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
quote:

I do appreciate the size and location of those safeties, but my shirts developed holes, need to find a single sided or modify the one I have.

They are big enough to ride, positive in movement, impossible to miss

Ignoring my reality of disliking thumb safeties in general (and principle) on striker guns, my problem with the M&P's versions comes down to the physical reality of my short thumbs. While the 2.0 safety is somewhat easier to ride than the large paddle that S&W used on earlier M&Ps, it's still remains something of a challenge for me to extend my thumb up and over the lever and having the willingness to keep it there. I've only shot the 2.0 with safety once (on a 9 Compact), and that experience was more than enough of that compared to shooting it alongside its thumb safety-free sibling.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pile of 1.0s, but, when a friend of mine got his 5", 2.0, I shot it side by side against my 5" Pro, 1.0 that is Apexed.
Although the 2.0 wasn't as accurate as my Pro, that has an Apex, gunsmith-fit barrel, the 2.0 has a LOT less recoil, and muzzle flip, so I bought one too.
FYI both like more powerfull loads, or will put the brass right back at you. Maybe after another 500 rounds, it will loosen up some. I already replaced the stock recoil spring with a 13#

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I’ve been kicking the idea of picking one up around for a few months. Not sure how much longer I’ll be able to hold off.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I was in Tanner's this afternoon. Picked up a Glock 17L. I'd had one years ago that I picked up used and sold when I needed money. I really want the non-safety version of this gun. I kept bumping it with my thumb when I checked it out.

RAMIUS - Hawk is very good people. I've bought a few things from him.

ETA: I'd also love to see a Glock MOS style of the 5" gun. I like the idea of the replaceable mounting plates.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post