SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
.... 2: HK P30LS (other handguns have surpased it)...

Heresy! Wink

Please do elaborate...I'm curious.

Short reply getting ready for gun show but: The P30LS has more recoil than my other 9's thus less accurate for me; poor customer service, my SIG M11 A1, PX4, M&P 9 all balance better in a holster on my hip, HK dropped the price on this gun significantly, and I made the mistake of ordering it with a thumb safety - my fault. I will try to trade it when the presidential election heats up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I used to cull my collection to raise funds to buy what I now wanted. But what I learned was now the guns I wanted were the ones I had previously sold. Confused

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My collection is collecting dust. Don’t shoot as much as I used to and when I do, it’s just my 32 or issued 31. While moving things around I found guns I haven’t shot in a long time. I totally forgot I owned a Tavor X95! Built a Grendel SBR and got bored with it after a month. Etc.

My son and I built a G36 clone with a 10/22 this winter for his birthday and we still haven’t gotten a chance to go out and shoot it.

Life gets in the way.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Exactly why anyone would get rid of HK's, CZ's and Beretta's I would be at a loss to explain.

To make room in the safe or generate cash for something they want more. These are pieces of steel, aluminum and plastic, not gifts from the Almighty. Unless they have some historical or family connection, there’s no reason to keep the ones that aren’t pleasing.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Exactly why anyone would get rid of HK's, CZ's and Beretta's I would be at a loss to explain.

To make room in the safe or generate cash for something they want more. These are pieces of steel, aluminum and plastic, not gifts from the Almighty. Unless they have some historical or family connection, there’s no reason to keep the ones that aren’t pleasing.

Yup, not hard to figure out.

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold my original P320c (eclipsed by my X-Carry) and HK45c (never could shoot it worth a damn) and bought a P229 DA/SA Legion.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sold about 160 guns over the last couple of years, and 3 safes. I have bought a select few, perhaps 6. I don't want to leave a lot of guns to my estate-the kids don't want them and I'd rather they get the full value of them. I'm keeping one safe, my carry guns, and a few I love to shoot. Highlights were the Colt Royal Government Talo, the Les Baers, and the American Legend P210, the gold inlaid one. I never fired the Colt and the Legend.

Posts: 17115 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I should sell my Glock G23, to make room for possibly a P365, or camera gear, as I really have no "need" for the P365. Razz

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got out of 40 caliber and my Sig 229 and Beretta 96. The Sig shot consistently/shocking low and the Beretta 96 was very accurate, but I did not want a full-sized 9mm. I have since gotten the BHP bug...

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Everything in .380. Most notably the PPK/S and the Mustang.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I’ve sold off all of my polymer striker fired pistols, except for my Steyr. The following simply didn’t match up to the M9-A1: Glock 19, S&W M&P, Ruger American Pistol, Walther PPQ and HK VP9. I’m intrigued to see what Walther puts out in the all-steel PPQ department but I doubt it will be a M1 variant (one can hope though).

Beretta 92FS and Verteq... couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with them. I never loved them.

Sig P220 - all 3 pistols suffered from my consolidation to 9mm in the defensive semiauto pistol category.

Sig P210-6 9S: Beautiful pistol, which exuded quality but I simply didn’t shoot it as much as my other, more defensive-role pistols. If Sig comes out with a Carry version of the P210, I’ll definitely consider one. Just hope they don’t bastardize it with a rail.

Korth Combat Magnum - fantastic revolver with a 3” barrel, one that rivaled the P210 in build quality and superior to a Colt Python on every level IMHO. Sold it as I simply couldn’t justify its $6K trade value against other pistols I desired.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I've made 2 mistakes in selling guns; my first and second, sold to raise funds. I've replaced them both since.

Right now I have 3-4 that can probably be sold. Stuff that hasn't been shot in a while, or I bought it because it excited me and now I just see it as a paperweight.

I've recently sold a Colt Detective Special, Colt Python, Girsan MC312, HK P30LS, and a couple of budget build ARs. I probably could sell my Rem 1187, 1-2 Sigs, another HK, a couple Smith revos, another AR or two. And probably just put the money right back into more guns- new AR build(s), new .22 build, etc

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Over the years I have bought and sold many, sometimes having as many as 8 or so handguns. As I've aged, and my competition time has decreased, I've pared it down to just two. Both I can carry, and one to compete with, casually. I compete with the P220-10mm with handloads, and that is also a primary carry gun. I also recently acquired a Ruger GP100 10mm that I also plan on carrying. Right now, recovering from total knee replacement, I am limited to dry firing the Ruger, but looking forward to giving it some workout. We have no heirs, so I don't see the need for a safe full of guns. Standardizing on 10mm makes my reloading setup much simpler.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've culled everything in .40 S&W. All gone. Although, I occasionally find a box or two of ammunition.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SIGs, gone except the first P220 W. German.

I have a couple others that could go, but as I only have a single safe, by numbers have been self regulating. I actually did that on purpose - if it can't fit, either make room or I don't need it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm constantly buying selling and trading. The things I like stick around and the others seem to work their way out of the safe and onto the chopping block.

Id only have attachment to historical pieces or something I got from family or friends. Otherwise I'll always have a 22x pattern Sig ( I've made that mistake before) and a G19. I'll also say that I have some great guns I could have only got in trade so I dont subscribe to the dont get rid of a gun thing. Just what works for me.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jezsuiz:
I don’t have any 1911’s in .45 anymore. Heresy I know but I literally shot them once in 10 years.

Whereas I recently traded-in a Glock G22 and Ruger LCR, both of which had been superseded by subsequent acquisitions, for a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced in .45 ACP.

I shied-away from both the .45 ACP caliber and the 1911 platform for decades, only to find, recently, I actually like them both.

quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
These are pieces of steel, aluminum and plastic, not gifts from the Almighty. Unless they have some historical or family connection, ...

I actually have three like that: 1. My first handgun ever: An Original Model Ruger Single Six Convertible, 2. The P239 SAS my wife gave me for Christmas, 3. The P229 Sport one of my best friends gave me as a retirement gift.

If I was in such dire straights I had to start selling my collection, those would be the last three to go.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26002 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hoard; I collect; I hardly ever sell...!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Glocks. I've owned a lot of different models and swore I'd never sell my Gen 2 G19.

Then came the P320 series. I shoot them much better than the Glocks to the point where I decided to dump all of them. The P320's are more fun to shoot too.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't feel bad selling off all of my guns other than my Glocks and Ruger Mk 22's.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post