SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
I’ll play... I tend to go in and out of entire lines...

Sold all my Glocks for HK’s,
Sold all my HK’s for Sigs
Sold my Sigs for Glocks
Sold my Glocks for M&P’s
Sold my M&P’s for Glocks.

Sounds like... an evolution.

Your journey sounds like what I did with Mutual Funds. I should have kept everything I first bought and then just kept investing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my sold list some were sold to upgrade the same firearm.

BROWNING BAR-22
BROWNING CITORI GRADE III
BROWNING CITORI GRAN LIGHTNING
BROWNING HI POWER
COLT AR-15 A2 CAR
COLT AR-15 M4 CARBINE LE6920
COLT AR-15 SP1 CAR
COLT COMMANDER
COLT GOLD CUP SERIES '70
COLT HUNTSMAN
COLT TROOPER MK III 22
COLT TROOPER MK III 22 MAG
COLT TROOPER MK III 22 MAG
COLT TROOPER MK III 357 MAG
FN FIVE-SEVEN
REMINGTON 1100 SPECIAL FIELD
S&W MODEL 19
S&W MODEL 19
S&W MODEL 547
S&W MODEL 559
S&W MODEL 629 CLASSIC HUNTER
S&W MODEL 659
S&W MODEL 686
S&W MODEL 2213 3.0"
SIG-SAUER P220
SIG-SAUER P220 KB DATE CODE
SIG-SAUER P226
SIG-SAUER P229 E2 TACPAC
SIG SAUER P320C

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Glocks and Sigs are long gone, as are the Sphinx pistols. HK and Beretta DA/SA’s remain.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Very disturbing thread. I must leave Wink

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I sold all my Sigs years ago because I could never learn to manage the DA/SA transition and because small hands made the DA pull difficult. In the last few months I've overhauled most of my handgun collection again and sold a few rifles too.

Gone recently: 4" S&W 29, Springfield XD-M 9mm, Kahr CM-9, 2" S&W 642, DW V-Bob .45ACP, Henry Big Boy .44Mag, M-1 Garand, Remington 1903-A3 Springfield.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea I agree. None of my metal P series get shot with the exception of my225a1. Problem is I put a bit of money into my Legion and Mk25. I would hate to sell at a loss. So in my mind I keep them thinking someday I will trade for something I like. I love trades. Everybody wins.

I have a safe full (exaggeration) of squeeze cockers I bought cheap back in the day. I’m going to get some good stuff eventually. Most likely my kids will sell them as antique paperweights. Lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be like getting rid of one my children. They are all special in there own way.

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full circle..started years ago with kimber 1911 Target...fell in love with Sig and a HK..sold the 1911 I went through ALL the Sigs and plastic HK’s (p220, P220 Legion, p238, p229, USP compact, p30SK, on and on ..sold them all off and now down to three basic pistols.. a Dan Wesson 1911 45 Valor Commander for home, a Dan Wesson 1911 Valor Commander 9mm to traveling, and a Ruger Mk iv Target for plinking..I hopefully am done with all the Buying, trading...

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tremors:
That would be like getting rid of one my children. They are all special in there own way.

Unless every firearm you own is of historical or family significance, they really aren't that special. Even so, equating wood, plastic and steel to a child is a little odd.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
This is a very interesting thread. There are some real "top shelf" examples here that people have gotten rid of, and re-bought for whatever reason. I have gone "round and round" with my "accumulation" for years and its just funny how todays Superstars in our safes are gone or for sale at one time or another. Just to purchase again!!!! Interesting..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with SYBO....I have owned at least 6-7 p220’s. At least 3 were stainless, and two P30sks’s and three HK USP Compacts, two in stainless one blued...round and round we go..oh, also two Walther PPS’s....it’s madness...

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
So you liked the guns. They still worked for you. But because Smith discontinued the line, you felt the need to sell them off? Why?

If you were worried about parts, you could have picked up some spares back then. I bet parts are still available now.

quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
All my 3rd generation S&W automatics. I loved those things and simply couldn't handle S&W discontinuing the entire line.

I now own and like two M&Ps, even carry the Shield 9, but would have rather had S&W keep the 3rd Gen line, or introduce a 4th Gen improved line. Something about dumping what was the signature S&W line-up to essentially copy Glock makes me feel icky. I'm not sure it worked out for S&W.

Madness and let us not leave out expensive

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tremors:

Correct. I just let another one go to another forum member here. It's like pulling teeth I might add but, unfortunately necessary to see them go to an enthusiast instead of just rid of by my wife if something should happen to me Wink

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger and Beretta hand guns are gone and I may put the Steyr GB with full kit up for sale this year.

Glock, Sig, Colt, S&W and Makarov fed handguns remain.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold a S&W Mod 52-2
Damn thing shot like a laser! I don't think you could miss if you tried. 3 Mags all worked perfectly with the gun. After a while, I just was kinda "Mehh" about shooting it.

Sold it.

Scooped up a .380 Seecamp, 2 extra mags and had some $ left over for another toy or more ammo.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I sold my 1911s that were chambered in 9mm, a Colt and a Dan Wesson. At first, I really liked shooting them, but after a while, I realized I only like 1911s when they're chambered in .45ACP.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much just a few "doubles". I did recently sell a S&W 3953 9mm so I could fund a S&W 3914 9mm.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I only have a couple like that:

Ruger SR22P. It's ok, just nothing exciting about it. The trigger is awful, and the mag disconnect is annoying. I bought it to teach my kids to shoot, and once you get them past the basics, it's not even good for that because the trigger is so bad. My son transitioned to centerfire before he ever got really good with the SR22.

Ruger PC Carbine. I bought this one when I was having some reliability issues with my 9mm AR build. I got the AR sorted out, and now enjoy shooting it more and find it more practical (pistol caliber version of my duty rifle that I can use on the pistol range at my club) than the Ruger. I'll probably keep it as my son likes shooting it, but if it wasn't for him I'd let it go.

CZ75 Compact D model. I got this because I wanted to try a CZ. It's a surplus gun, and actually shoots really well...it just tends to spend a lot of time in the safe while I'm shooting other stuff. I'll probably keep it as I have no reason to sell it, and probably wouldn't get much for it if I did, but it's pretty much just collecting dust right now. I should probably take it to the range next time I go.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Recently gone Winchester M70 in .284 (rare), M88 in .243, Browning Citori, and Marlin 375.

Next to go are factory nickel P226, P220 .38 Super, and S&W 2.5" M19.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 17 1996 Olympic edition I got when they were new from a coworker who was on the security team. I never had any personal connection to the gun and put it in the safe just to sell later (I think it was like $270 with the voucher). I sold it last year for $850 and bought a grail gun, a nickel GOTM P229.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post