SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody else like Kahr Pistols?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else like Kahr Pistols? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am a Sig guy but carried a KAHR P9 for around two years. My son needed a carry gun so i gave it to him. This year i found a KAHR P380 used the gun shoots great. This one is the one with adjustable sights that goes new around $500.00 got it for $275.00

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the PM9 and love it. It has been very reliable out of the box and has my favorite micro 9. I recently bought the P365, but haven't shot it yet. It may replace the PM9 as my favorite if it proves to be reliable as well.

Posts: 20 | Location: Texas Gulf Coast | Registered: September 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've fondled the K9's and thought they looked and felt great, just couldn't ever get myself to actually buy one. I guess they just seemed too heavy to carry much and I don't need something to weigh the safe down.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
If I don't have a Glock on me, then my Kahr CM9 in a Kusiak Leather IWB or an ankle holster is with me.
I'm a big Kahr fan. Started in the late '90s with the E9, then a K9, a P9, and then the CM9. These guns were always reliable and very accurate

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I‘ve had several. Only one, a CW45 purchased used from a fellow on the forum, has been a disappointment. The trigger on it doesn’t break until it is almost touching the frame, unlike any of my other Kahrs.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Love them and hate them.

I love everything about them including the light smooth trigger.

The one thing I hate is the excessively long trigger pull. If they could figure out how to shorten the length of the pull a little bit then it would be a fantastic gun!

I often tend to short stroke it in rapid fire.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used my 239 9mm for years as my carry gun, but the CW9 is a good bit lighter and smaller. Plus if I lost it to theft, I would be out a lot less money. So far it hasn't missed a beat reliability-wise, and it very accurate out to 15 yards. I don't need any more handguns, but now I am thinking I want a new K9 to replace the one I had many years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: squid8286,

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My choice is the P380 for pocket carry.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a PM9 for a couple of years now and had zero issues with it. The trigger does have a long pull but is as smooth as any trigger I've ever felt. I will check out the P365 but won't be broken hearted if it does't work out as I still have the PM9.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The K9 is a great carry gun. Super thin and yeah, a bit heavy, but not a factor with a good belt and holster (it ain't pocket sized anyway). It shoots really well.

Only thing I don't like is the long and weak trigger reset. The DAO pull is great though.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've had a P380. I liked it, but couldn't get over the pop up LCI that we have in CA. It was almost like having two front sights with that thing in the way.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a Kahr PM9 and P45 and both have run very well with no problems. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. For many years a J frame 442 was my pocket gun. I finally woke up to the fact the Kahr CM9 rendered the gun obsolete. Easier to manage, higher capacity, more readily available ammo.

To those who complain about the trigger...to a DA revolver shooter it is a thing of amazement and wonder.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
Yes. For many years a J frame 442 was my pocket gun. I finally woke up to the fact the Kahr CM9 rendered the gun obsolete. Easier to manage, higher capacity, more readily available ammo.

To those who complain about the trigger...to a DA revolver shooter it is a thing of amazement and wonder.

Yup that sums it up perfectly. Shoot it like a revolver and the Kahrs are amazing little pistols.
More ammo in the gun, better sights, faster reloads. I shoot it like a revolver and it's replaced my j-frame anklegun.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I've carried a Kahr P9 for 13 years now, no problems. It fits my hand perfectly, is lightweight, flat, and accurate. The trigger is very good, but the trigger on the steel frame is even better. A K9 is on my list of guns to watch for.

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started with a P9 Covert which I carried as an on duty backup and when off duty. Now have that, another factory covert in 40, a K9 and got the GF her own K9. Never had an issue with any of them.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have been a fan for a long time. Currently have a half dozen.

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm a Kahr fan. I bought an MK9 in 1997, when they were introduced. I liked that so much I bought a K40 Covert.
Both of those are stainless steel and a bit on the heavy side.

When the PM9 came out in 2008, I bought one of those. That's been a frequent pocket carry for me ever since.

I've never had any problems with any of the three and they are all very accurate for small pistols.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I'm a Kahr fan. I bought an MK9 in 1997, when they were introduced. I liked that so much I bought a K40 Covert.
Both of those are stainless steel and a bit on the heavy side.

When the PM9 came out in 2008, I bought one of those. That's been a frequent pocket carry for me ever since.

I've never had any problems with any of the three and they are all very accurate for small pistols.

We bought an MK9 in 1997 also. it went back to Khar 3 times. It would not shoot 3 rounds consistently with out failing. Did not matter what ammo, or what mag. Ball 115,124,147grn. HP +P. Nothing would feed I had 6 mags at one time. The third time i got it back and shot it, I was told not to send it back by Khar, that there was nothing wrong with it.

I sold it. I am not a Khar fan. I get it, I got a lemon, but the sheer amount of money is spent testing ammo, shipping, and on the mags. To have Khar tell me to pound sand. I just have 0 faith in them.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

...When the PM9 came out in 2008, I bought one of those. That's been a frequent pocket carry for me ever since...

I have both a PM and CM9, they fit in a pocket when I want a little more than the LCP.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post