SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody else like Kahr Pistols?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else like Kahr Pistols? Login/Join 
posted
Years ago, I had an older K9 that I loved. Well, one of my friends talked me into selling it to him. I bought my wife a used CW9 a while back, because she shot it very well. However, she has a time getting the slide to line up correctly with the frame to field strip the pistol, so she has gone back to her S&W revolver for the time being. I have been carrying the thing lately, and I really love this little pistol. I haven't done a TON of shooting with it yet, but it has been flawless in the 300 or so rounds that have gone through it. It's big enough to get all of my fingers around, yet small enough to easily conceal in a pocket. Anybody else think highly of the Kahr lineup?

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never shot one. Not sure if any of my friends have one?
It is always great to purchase something, anything and really like it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yes. Been a fan for a long time. Have had at least a half dozen. Have a P9 & K9 now. Mastering tbe DAO makes me a better SA shooter also.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whenever I handle one, and I have done many times when I was still going to gun shows, I always love how it feels, plus the trigger is so nice and smooth. I simply can't explain why I never bought one. Strange.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love them. I love them enough that I own several, starting with the K40, which is the steel version. I bought a P40 and then found a few others that were good deals, and bough them, too. I began to shoot them a lot. One P40, in particular.

I found that the P40's, all of them that I own, had a nasty habit of failing to return to battery. The slide assembly pin (slide stop) began walking out when shooting, and barrel peening occurred. I sent them back as the problems occurred, to Kahr, which sometimes sent them back to me untouched with a note that nothing could be found wrong (the peened metal apparently didn't count), and sometimes replaced things like slides, barrels, and components...including sights. The problems never improved, never went away.

I kept up hope. I did so until one came back from Kahr and I took the pistol to the range. One magazine into the newly returned pistol, second round, and the pistol fired out of battery. I wasn't looking at the slide, but the front sight, and felt the resistance on the trigger and I pressed it for the second shot. I felt it fire, but it sounded wrong, felt wrong, and my hand and face burned. As my focus came off the front sight, I could see the side of the pistol sticking out; a round fired with the pistol out of battery, blew out the side plate, blew out the magazine and discharged across my right hand and back into my face. Fortunately I had shooting glasses on, so other than some minor burn and discomfort, I as fine.

The pistol, however didn't impress me so much.

I never had any problems with the steel kahr, but the polymer ones, out of many thousands of rounds, had problems that the factory just couldn't erase or fix. It's a real shame, too, as it's a great trigger, great size pistol that ought to be able to be made whole...but if the factory never could, I lost hope of finding someone else who could. Presently they're all in my safe.

Some of the trips to Kahr took some time; the longest was about nine months, I believe. I had a similar experience with keltec with the P3AT when I was trying it out. Kahr claimed to have not received the pistol, then claimed to have mailed it back, and alternately claimed to have no record it was at their facility (after admitting receiving it, and with proof of delivery), or claimed to have lost the pistol. I wasn't very impressed with their efforts, or ability, or frankly their product.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Got a CM9. Trust and carry it everyday.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I love them. I love them enough that I own several, starting with the K40, which is the steel version. I bought a P40 and then found a few others that were good deals, and bough them, too. I began to shoot them a lot. One P40, in particular.

I found that the P40's, all of them that I own, had a nasty habit of failing to return to battery. The slide assembly pin (slide stop) began walking out when shooting, and barrel peening occurred. I sent them back as the problems occurred, to Kahr, which sometimes sent them back to me untouched with a note that nothing could be found wrong (the peened metal apparently didn't count), and sometimes replaced things like slides, barrels, and components...including sights. The problems never improved, never went away.

I kept up hope. I did so until one came back from Kahr and I took the pistol to the range. One magazine into the newly returned pistol, second round, and the pistol fired out of battery. I wasn't looking at the slide, but the front sight, and felt the resistance on the trigger and I pressed it for the second shot. I felt it fire, but it sounded wrong, felt wrong, and my hand and face burned. As my focus came off the front sight, I could see the side of the pistol sticking out; a round fired with the pistol out of battery, blew out the side plate, blew out the magazine and discharged across my right hand and back into my face. Fortunately I had shooting glasses on, so other than some minor burn and discomfort, I as fine.

The pistol, however didn't impress me so much.

I never had any problems with the steel kahr, but the polymer ones, out of many thousands of rounds, had problems that the factory just couldn't erase or fix. It's a real shame, too, as it's a great trigger, great size pistol that ought to be able to be made whole...but if the factory never could, I lost hope of finding someone else who could. Presently they're all in my safe.

Some of the trips to Kahr took some time; the longest was about nine months, I believe. I had a similar experience with keltec with the P3AT when I was trying it out. Kahr claimed to have not received the pistol, then claimed to have mailed it back, and alternately claimed to have no record it was at their facility (after admitting receiving it, and with proof of delivery), or claimed to have lost the pistol. I wasn't very impressed with their efforts, or ability, or frankly their product.

Wow! That would have put me off of them, too. The two I have owned have been very nice, however.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I had for some time wanted one, but never bought one. Then I found a used, all metal older blued K9 at my FFL for a decent price.

I really like the gun. It’s a nice size, shoots very well and feels good in my hand. I wouldn’t hesitate to carry it and might start as my previous carry is in limbo.

Never had any trouble with it. Just an old workhorse.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Love mine .
Pocket carry or IWB.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I've had a PM9 for about 16 years and used to carry it regularly. Since my on duty gun is a Glock, I tend to carry my issued G42 backup while off duty now due to the familiar trigger.

In the past I've had a K40, a K9, a P9, and two MK9s that I've sold off for different reasons, none of which were reliability related. I also currently have P380 that I've never gotten to be reliable enough to carry.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Love em. Carried a PM9/MK9 for many years before the P365 came out. I tried the G43, Shield, LC9/LC9s, Nano and none of them compared to the Kahr. Then the P365 came along and the Kahrs went on the back burner.

I sold the PM9, still have the MK9 (was for sale but never sold so now I'm keeping it). If I found a K9 at a good price I'd probably grab it for fun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
While I feel the trigger pull is too long for my taste, its smooth and for its intended purpose, completely shootable.

I started off with a CM9, wife took it, replaced it with an MK9, then another MK9....then sold the MK9s and bought a PM9. Many have tried to replace it but it still comes out king. I haven't tried the 365 yet and won't, but nothing still comes close when factoring pocketability which is key for me. Its rarely my primary carry gun but when it is its becasue I need the smallest gun possible. Wish i would have kept the 2 tome MK9.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a K9 Elite Stainless with night sights about a year ago. It shoots flawlessly and and very accurate . Love the DA trigger pull. Most of all it is approx the same size as my stainless Sig P230 and carries well. Not sure a polymer frame Kahr would interest me as I prefer all metal pistols

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I like mine. I carry the PM9 daily average of n warm weather. I occasionally carry a CW380 when I can't conceal anything larger. I have a CW9 and a CM9 that have proven totally reliable.

The PM9 is the right balance of size, capacity and power for me. The trigger takes some effort to get used to. It's also extremely accurate. More so than any other pocket pistol I've ever fired.

I carry it in a pocket holster or IWB and forget it's there.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
I picked up a K9 Elite Stainless with night sights about a year ago. It shoots flawlessly and and very accurate . Love the DA trigger pull. Most of all it is approx the same size as my stainless Sig P230 and carries well. Not sure a polymer frame Kahr would interest me as I prefer all metal pistols

I have the same pistol. Bought it a few years ago and love it.
As the temperature starts to rise, it'll be the carry pistol and the 229 will go back in the safe.
About 700 rounds through it and no issues at all. Long trigger pull and reset but it's smoother than anything I own.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own an MK9. Come to think about it , I haven't shoot that in years. I think it will be coming with me on my next range trip.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Meh. I was looking for a smaller CCW than my regular double stack XDm, and handled a CM45 at a gun show. I was impressed by the smoothness and weight of the trigger on it but prefer a 9mm in a gun that light, so I ordered an CM9. The trigger on that gun has turned out to be nothing like the one on the CM45. Heavy and difficult to keep on target. It carries nice but it's hard to shoot.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple over the years and liked them, all of them being the polymer types. I am wanting to get a little P380 for pocket carry next.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I bought a CM45 for my wife to carry as her CCW. She found the recoil and the weight to be a problem. I bought her a S&W Shield 9mm and took the Kahr. I have no problem with weight or size, I carry it daily.
Perfect trigger system for a concealed weapon, never a reliability problem, plenty accurate.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I really like KAHR pistols. I've had nine of them (9mm and .40s&w) in polymer and all stainless. The all stainless break in so much easier, fwiw. The only "issue" I've experienced was my own fault for not reading the owners manual with two PM9 pistols regarding use of the slide stop during initial break in. That ended up costing me some money.

I reduced my KAHR pistols down to a K9 and P9, then sold them before transitioning back to 1911. I wish I still had them.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post