SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally a full lug Redhawk 44 mag offering.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally a full lug Redhawk 44 mag offering. Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdet...spx?itemno=RUKRH444F

Looks like a larger cousin to the GP100. Sweet. I wouldn't bother with getting the GP100 44 special now. Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It's tough to watch, as S&W withers on the vine...Yet Ruger is moving forward.

Offering interesting options like this one, to it's fans.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a handsome handgun!

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This the gun I wanted in 10mm

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
The only thing missing is an unfluted cylinder.

I always considered myself a Ruger man. Recently I have come into the possession of two 3” SW 686+ Revolvers (Talo models with unfluted cylinders).

I still consider myself a Ruger man.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with those whimpy grips ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:

+1

That was the first thing my eye was drawn too when I looked at the photo! They look like they were made for a child's hand.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:

+1

That was the first thing my eye was drawn too when I looked at the photo! They look like they were made for a child's hand.

+2. Somebody's got some explaining to do with that one. Confused

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that looks great. I'd love one. Finding a holster may not be easy though for those that want a "woods" gun.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdet...spx?itemno=RUKRH444F

Looks like a larger cousin to the GP100. Sweet. I wouldn't bother with getting the GP100 44 special now. Smile

I like this design! 4.2 inch full lug .44Mag, perfect for backcountry with Underwood Hard Cast or with .44Special JHP's for home defense.

Larger, rubber grips will probably come to market in the near future and so will good outdoor holsters with an extra one or two speed loader pouches.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Because the half lug Redhawk just wasn't hefty enough.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It does look better with the full lug.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It does look better* with the full lug.

*For a Ruger. Big Grin

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I do like that...

Very nice package. I'm a huge fan of the Redhawk series Ruger guns.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go ahead and piggy back my thread Razz

http://ruger.com/products/redh...specSheets/5059.html

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
I'm going to go ahead and piggy back my thread Razz

http://ruger.com/products/redh...specSheets/5059.html

Wow.
That's not what I was expecting when I went back to this thread.
For those out there with more experience with N frames and Redhawks than me -- I am interested in hearing your perspectives.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a great gun for hiking, backpacking, hunting etc.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the half-lug profile, and it's a bit lighter.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a Redhawk. I prefer the lines of the half lug version though, that looks too much like a GP.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Whoa, I like that full lug Redhawk, might have to get one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post