SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Update on Beretta Brigadier and new pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Beretta Brigadier and new pistol Login/Join 
posted
I received my Wilson Combat parts yesterday (thanks Bruce) and installed them this morning. Parts included solid steel guide rod and flat spring, oversized magazine release and short reach trigger. RSA was drop in of course. The magazine release was tougher because I was pushing the wrong way to get the little plungers to lock in. Never said I was to bright. After realizing what I was doing wrong, it went right in. Trigger was pretty easy and I used my daughter's tweezers much to her displeasure.
After was live fire testing. LOVE the short reach trigger and magazine release was nice. Put 200 rounds through it and was happy as Hell.
Purchased a Shield 45 yesterday, couldn't pass up the price with the rebate. I had the 9mm model and never knew why I sold it. Anyways, this little pistol is awesome. The trigger seems so much better than the first models. First magazine was low left and then I remembered that you can't choke these little subcompact down. Did the same with the 9mm when I first got it. After knowing what I was doing wrong, it's a pleasure to shoot and I was ringing a 6" plate at about 10 yards regularly. 150 rounds through that pistol.
Awesome day with 2 very different pistols.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Brigadier is the pistol Beretta should have replaced the standard 92 with. The sights can be replaced with your own choice and is the way most guns are made. I love my 92fs but don't understand why Beretta still chooses an outdated platform. What's the point of being able to replace the rear sight when the front is fixed? I usually replace only the front sight with a fiber optic type.

The Shield is a solid performer and a nice pistol for ccw.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
No, the Vertec is. Wide enough to accomodate a replaceable front sight but close enough to still fit normal 92 holsters (unlike the Brig).

Put a Vertec slide on normal 92 lower or M9A1 lower and you've got a winner. Ernest Langdon is working on that combo for a forthcoming Beretta product release....I was lucky enough to score two stainless Vertec slides and this is one of the guns I put together:

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
No, the Vertec is. Wide enough to accomodate a replaceable front sight but close enough to still fit normal 92 holsters (unlike the Brig).

Put a Vertec slide on normal 92 lower or M9A1 lower and you've got a winner. Ernest Langdon is working on that combo for a forthcoming Beretta product release....I was lucky enough to score two stainless Vertec slides and this is one of the guns I put together:

Have never seen a Vertec in the wild but that one looks really nice.
I'll keep tinkering with my Brigadier. Sights are next but not sure what route to go. That I can't do by myself as I don't have anything to get the sights out with.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

I put a Vertec slide on my M9A1, outstanding combination.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep forgetting about the Vertec. Very nice pistol indeed.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
The M9A3 is the Vertec. Beretta sucks at marketing.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Or, they're masters of it (if you think about it)

It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:

When you're right, you're right!

"How do we sell all these Vertec's from 2004?"

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:

When you're right, you're right!

"How do we sell all these Vertec's from 2004?"

I'd buy the new Beretta if I could find one. I'd also buy an older Vertec too. Again, if I could find one.
Seems I have a new obsession now with Berettas.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
PGT, that is one sexy looking pistol!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those that actually prefers the lines of the Brigadier. Just screams sexy to me.
I modded mine with the short reach trigger, extended mag release, d spring, single side/slim safety/decocker, S.T.A.R.S. grips and had AGW cut and recrown my barrel. It's a sweet, soft shooting gun.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes....I love me some Brigs, too. Josh has a 96G EII of mine, fitting a 357SIG barrel to it. Cut/crown/blast like an original EII barrel and re-laser the slide for proper caliber. It will be glorious.