SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did SIG make a stainless P229R?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did SIG make a stainless P229R? Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Such a beautiful pistol..... but by gosh I guess I’m sooo spoiled with todays fantastic plastic, it’s still a boat anchor Frown.

But a really beautiful one!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Oh, I held it in my hands at the gun show. It had been a while since I've owned a P229, so I didn't notice anything about the weight. I really think this is Robar's NP3. It's not quite as matte as my NP3 guns, but it's more so than my hard chromed guns. What other refinish jobs would look like this? Sales person said it was stock, but that means nothing to me.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sales person said it was stock, but that means nothing to me.
B.S.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the sales person wanted to make a sale.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick Lee, I think I would have been tempted as well. Definitely refinished though, but as to what type, it is hard to say without personally looking it over. If truly NP3, I would jump on it.

AZGlock13

Posts: 52 | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZGlock13:
Rick Lee, I think I would have been tempted as well. Definitely refinished though, but as to what type, it is hard to say without personally looking it over. If truly NP3, I would jump on it.

AZGlock13

Don't tempt me. If it weren't such a miserable drive down to that store during the week, I'd be there. I was able to resist all weekend. If I hold out until next weekend, maybe it will be gone by then. I so don't need this.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Seeing the seller is located just down the road from Robar, I'd be willing to bet it's NP3. I've had them do NP3 on a number of different frames and/or slides and it sure looks like that's what it is to me.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a 229 stainless with nickle plate made in 2003. it was "gun of the month" back then with limited production. I lost track of the web site where i got that info so what i have on it is from memory.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob16679:
I own a 229 stainless with nickle plate made in 2003. it was "gun of the month" back then with limited production. I lost track of the web site where i got that info so what i have on it is from memory.

Here is the site, http://www.guidosst.com/GOTMs.html

Maybe yours was the June 2004 GOTM? Because there was no GOTM P229 in 2003 with the Ni finish, according to that list.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:

AZGlock13

It just dawned on me that I can call Robar and read that serial # off to them. I don't know if they'll tell me, but, if they refinished it, they'll have a record of it.

posted Hide Post
I already have a P229 (a SAS Gen 2 in 9mm), but another one would in .40 would be nice and really like the NP3 looks of that one. Of course, I have also been eyeballing Legion P229s as well though (I have a P226 SAO Legion and a P229 Legion would be a great match to it).

AZGlock13

posted Hide Post
Yep, I would give them a call. The worse they can say is sorry we can't give that information out.

AZGlock13

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
They said they don't have that info anymore. It was only in their book, not in electronic, searchable format, and it was likely done before Robar changed ownership and bound books.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, Robbie Barkman no longer owns the company? Did not know that.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I didn't know either, but he sold it two years ago.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Owner made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Had to buy it. Pretty sure it's NP3.

Here it is with my other full NP3 SIGs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick Lee,

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ You need to get those controls on the P226 NP3 plated, also. Wink

Btw, now that you have it (the P229R), are there any doubts that it is not all stainless?

Q

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ You need to get those controls on the P226 NP3 plated, also. Wink

Btw, now that you have it (the P229R), are there any doubts that it is not all stainless?

The controls on the P226 are Roguard. I like the contrast. I'm pretty sure the P229R is NP3, not factory stainless. I'll try to bring it over to Robar on Monday and have them take a look at it to confirm.

posted Hide Post
Those NP3 Sigs are looking good. I wish I could get my hands on a NP3ed P239.

AZGlock13

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those NP3 Sigs are looking good. I wish I could get my hands on a NP3ed P239.

AZGlock13

I NP3'ed my P239 in stages, did everything but the frame about 11 years ago and then the frame about a year ago. I think I saw a stock P239 for $438 at AZ Firearms today. If you grabbed that one cheap and waited until Robar is running another sale, you could probably get it done for pretty reasonable money.