Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P230 grips Login/Join 
posted
I am just curious on why some 230’s have factory checkered black grips and some came with factory grips with the “Sig p230” designation on each panel. I have seen both but the ones I’ve seen are s/n below S200000. Just curious as I just like to research the little things for the knowledge.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't believe I have ever seen Sig P230 logoed grips. Is it possible you are referring to a Sig P232 instead?

The two pistols are very similar, even to the point of taking the same magazines.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No- I actually have a 230 with the logoed grips and another with the plain checking. That why I’m so curious.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you post a picture? I don't think I've ever seen those.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will certainly try tomorrow. I’ve never done that and will have to research how.

NRA Benefactor Life

Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I have not seen the 230 marked grips either. I would be interested in pics also. I think Nils made some wooden grips with 230 on them.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have two P230’s and never saw factory logo grips. Grips4u once made wooden logo sig grips for the 230/232.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pulled it out of the safe this morning to triple check again. Not wood but as I said they are factory black logoed grips- same as my 228,229,226.....

If you would like a pix send me an email address to terrykors@gmail.com

I will explore posting here when I get a chance. Thanks

NRA Benefactor Life

posted Hide Post
mrsig27,

OK That's pretty wild. mrsig27 was kind of enough to send me pictures and I've never seen grips like that before. They certainly look like black plastic in the pictures.

Perhaps that started making them right before the switch to the P232. It just seems odd to go through all the trouble of making a mold to only use for a short period of time.

The stipling looks very similar to the P232 grips. But they definitely say P230 on them.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
So where are the photos?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posting photos is not my thing but I would be happy to forward them to whom ever can upload them to this post.

NRA Benefactor Life

posted Hide Post
What’s strange is I’ve seen a lot of P230’s in my day and never seen those grips. Are they date coded on the inside? Are they genuine sig or aftermarket reproductions?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildflush:
What’s strange is I’ve seen a lot of P230’s in my day and never seen those grips. Are they date coded on the inside? Are they genuine sig or aftermarket reproductions?

I feel terrible not being able to post pictures so others can see this.

They look like a factory item to me.

posted Hide Post
I don’t see a date but they are exactly like all my other Sigs. If they were repops there is certainly a trademark infringement.

NRA Benefactor Life

posted Hide Post
There has to be more out there somewhere. My gun used to be a backup weapon to an Air Marshall and I believe that he was the first one only owner. This guy would not care what the grips were and would not go to the trouble of changing them out.

NRA Benefactor Life

posted Hide Post
This is an interesting subject - but this thread is starting to sound like Where's Waldo or something like that. It's 2019 after all - using a cell phone to take and post a picture isn't rocket science ... Wink

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
This is an interesting subject - but this thread is starting to sound like Where's Waldo or something like that. It's 2019 after all - using a cell phone to take and post a picture isn't rocket science ... Wink

I agree GJ and I am so sorry for being so computer illiterate. I'm hoping someone will pop in here and offer to post these pictures for mrsig27.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrsig27:
My gun used to be a backup weapon to an Air Marshall...

Before or after 9/11? I thought they stopped making the P230 in the early 90's and switched to the P232.

Maybe Sig Sauer Germany decided to standardize grips to the stipling with logo in the early 90's before starting the P232.

They changed the grips on the P220 from checkered to logoed stipled. So it isn't such a far stretch to think they may have done the same on the P230.

posted Hide Post
This gun does have German prof marks on the slide and on the frame behind the trigger guard.

NRA Benefactor Life

posted Hide Post
Change over from 230 to 232 was in 1996. I have a KH P232SL. Also all the sig grips in my German guns have the clock date code or just the date on the inside force amp my P6 says 79 on the inside. Since yours do not have a date code I’m not sure what they are.