SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought another P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought another P365 Login/Join 
Picture of Chazman1946
posted
Ok, I’m either a sucker or nuts. I had a P365 I purchased in July and it had a born date of 28 June 2018. I had it less then a month and a half and I flipped it. It had severe striker drag and the Youtube horror stories (especially from the MAC Channel) made me lose confidence in it.

Well today I went out to put some holes in paper at my LGS Shooters World.. After shooting my S&W Shield 2.0 with integrated green laser I packed it up and then did a little window shopping on the display cases.

Low and behold there was a new P365. When I told the salesman about my previous one and my reluctance to get another he explained that this was the Gen 3 model as explained to be him by a Sig rep.

Anyways after checking it out and finding the trigger improved I plopped my money down an bought it.

Immediately went back onto the range and put 100 through it, not one hiccup. For whatever reason this one was shooting much better then my first one, almost nothing going low left.

Shot almost as well as my Shield 2.0, (with Maggots +2 mag extenders) but not quite, considering my Shield has a dialed in green laser integrated into the frame. Shields grip fits my hand better, but the Sig is outstanding as well, both are keepers. The Sig will be for lighter clothing or even pocket carry.

P365 Gen 3??

Shooting at 10 yards

Reduced Striker Drag

I know some will say there is no different "Gen" models, as least on officially named, but there is three different builds with differences enough to be categorized a different generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEbvC58-ps&t=4s

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting for them to work out the kinks. I want one but I’m not an early adopter. It soinds like now is the time from what I hear.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I've spent many years working for German engineering companies. They are notorious for acting just like Sig is now.

There is no problem.... What problem? It's all in your head...

Then they quietly fix something and deny they did it, then admit they did it, but not because there was ever a problem, but the perceived problem made them institute a change "just in case" and to "fix the perception"

Can't tell you how many times I've been burned by my own German colleagues this way.

Good news is in the end they do fix it, but they won't admit they ever had anything to fix

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
O When I told the salesman about my previous one and my reluctance to get another he explained that this was the Gen 3 model as explained to be him by a Sig rep.

Sounds good when the salesman is trying to make a sale, but there's no gen II, and no gen III.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummmm..... That's reduced primer drag? What did it look like in your other gun?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
O When I told the salesman about my previous one and my reluctance to get another he explained that this was the Gen 3 model as explained to be him by a Sig rep.

Sounds good when the salesman is trying to make a sale, but there's no gen II, and no gen III.

Perhaps you should look at this video, there may not be official versions of different Gens, but there simply is three different builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEbvC58-ps&t=4s

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Ummmm..... That's reduced primer drag? What did it look like in your other gun?

The drag was out almost to the edge of the primer.

It's round on the left.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I kind of want one but my Shield works great so it's no rush.
Once they can produce them with very rare random problems I'll take another look.
Too much other good stuff out there.

Posts: 9509 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
What's the manufacture date of your new 365 Chazman, if you don't mind me asking?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
What's the manufacture date of your new 365 Chazman, if you don't mind me asking?

30 October 2018.

They must have just released a new batch of them since I was in another of my LGS and he had three in stock also.

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I kind of want one but my Shield works great so it's no rush.
Once they can produce them with very rare random problems I'll take another look.
Too much other good stuff out there.

Love my Shield 2.0 as well, with the Magguts +2 extenders the flush hit now holds 9 rounds and the 8 round mag holds 10.

The Shield fits my hand better, but isn't as concealable.

I keeping both, and I'm sure not getting rid of my Performance Center Ported .45 shield with the fiber optic sights. Recoil of feels like your shooting a 9mm with +p ammo. With the ported slide and barrel it weighs no more then the 9mm when both empty.