SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there such a thing as too many?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there such a thing as too many? Login/Join 
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I started downsizing in 2010. So far, I have nine more guns than when I started downsizing.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
I started downsizing in 2010. So far, I have nine more guns than when I started downsizing.

I am stuck in limbo on this issue,but always find a gun I eventually purchase.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I have thinned the herd twice...each time I parted with weapons that were impulse buys and turned out to be meh, or guns that I discovered didn't work for me. The only ones I miss are my DMR clone (and that went to my dad so it's coming back to me someday) and the GSG-5SD that I foolishly sold because I thought it wasn't accurate enough.

In my personal opinion, if you have guns laying around with no collector value, no sentimental value, no practical value, no fun factor value, then you have nothing to lose by getting the money value back out of it and reinvesting that money into a gun that actually belongs in your collection.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As regards your questions"Is there such a thing as too many?"

Yup, but most of us crossed that threshold so long ago it's but a distant memory.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 3 handguns and 2 rifles. I get to where I only like to shoot my G19. I carry an XDS or the Glock.

Long guns I'm down to a SIG M400 and old model Remington 700 .308.

I'm going to do the SBR/suppressor thing next. Starting at the beginning of next year, I'll be going down that road with higher end glass triggers etc. quality over quantity.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post