SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any reviews on HK P30/VP9 17 round mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any reviews on HK P30/VP9 17 round mags? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I bought several for my P30 but haven’t made it to the range. Anyone tested theirs out? I assume being a factory HK mag, it should be GTG but thought I’d check.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i have several along with the factory 20rd mags. they have all run perfect for me. i haven't beat the crap out of them, but they have given me zero problems.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Same as Dozer. Have three that came with a recent acquisition and all seem to function fine.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
bought three when they came out and ran a few boxes of ammo through them. No issues.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many they are OK notes you want. I bought way.way more than 3. they run fine so far. With covid my shooting schedule is reduced so I can't say a zillion rounds, but no issues and I wouldn't expect any given the nature of the change HK made.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have not read or heard a single complaint.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have never had a problem with any factory HK part.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a few. No issues in my VP9. They seem to eject with a bit more oomph than the 15rd versions.

Only HK part I've ever had issue with was the paddle mag release on my P30L. It was manufactured a bit off so the mag wasn't held up into the grip as far as it should. Minor issue, didn't affect the functionality, but I noticed it, and noticed the "good" part HK sent as a replacement was indeed dimensionally different.

That instance, though, showed me that HK's customer service was actually excellent. I've had to deal with both HK and Ruger customer service, and both sold me on the companies as both were excellent.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only have the 20rd mags; no issues with those. Doubt that I'll ever pick up any of the 17rd examples; neither my P30 or VP9 will ever see serious use as a carry.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
been using 3 HK 17-rounders for months, VP9, no issues at all. I shoot once per week, at least 100 rounds. Probably have put over 1,000 rounds through the 3 mags.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post