SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger 10mm 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10mm 1911 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have one? How do you like it?
I have a gen 4 glock 29 that has been nothing but a disappointment in the reliability department and I’m thinking about switching over to a 1911 as my woods gun

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rod
posted Hide Post
i have a Ruger 1911 in 10mm. I have about 2k rounds through it mixed reloads and factory. it has ran 100% so far. its a very nice gun for the price point. I also have 2 DW Silverbacks in 10mm and they are excellent as well. also have a Glock 20 and 29, they have been reliable.

Posts: 376 | Location: Corvallis, MT | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what's up with my g29, but every time I shoot it at least once the slide won't return to battery.. factory mags, gun is clean and lubed and the only after market parts in the gun are a trigger show and connector..
I've always wanted a 1911 and I bet it would be much easier to shoot as well

Picture of Rod
posted Hide Post
ya not sure whats going on with you glock. a fullsize 1911 10mm is very nice to shoot. recoil is fast. I carried one while hiking when I lived in AK. 10mm is a great carteidge for sure.

Posts: 376 | Location: Corvallis, MT | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I don't know what's up with my g29, but every time I shoot it at least once the slide won't return to battery.. factory mags, gun is clean and lubed and the only after market parts in the gun are a trigger show and connector..

G29 might just not fit you. Does it do it with other shooters? That pistol could be causing you to limp wrist / torquing in your hand. Easy to do when there isn't that much to grasp.
I haven't bought a Ruger 1911 (yet) but the consensus is they have their crap together on them and they are well liked. Great value and you know they will take care of you after the sale.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

G29 might just not fit you. Does it do it with other shooters? That pistol could be causing you to limp wrist / torquing in your hand. Easy to do when there isn't that much to grasp.
I haven't bought a Ruger 1911 (yet) but the consensus is they have their crap together on them and they are well liked. Great value and you know they will take care of you after the sale.

Yeah I was thinking that might just be it, I have both the full size g20 mag with a spacer as well as 10 round mags with pinky extension. And the ammo I’m shooting ks the sig ammo, it’s not the watered down bs, but it’s not anywhere near full power either. I also just put some vickers elite battle sights with the correct front sight height and now it shoots too low, like 6 or 8 inches low at 7 yards. So I’m just kinda let down with it and I’m done putting money into a gun that just irritates me. It’s a shame because I like it for the mag capacity and size.

posted Hide Post
Have you tried going back to a stock connector?

Are you sure the spring is correctly installed beneath the cruciform? If it's reversed, it cocks to one side and can cause malfunctions. Mispositioning of the cruciform, too.

My G29 has run 100%, though the 10mm doesn't do much for me.

You might try going back to stock and then substituting one part at a time, instead of throwing more money at it. If you can't solve the problem, Glock will. Have you tried sending it to them?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I love my 1911's, but this has to be a first, someone switching from a Glock to a 1911 because of reliability issues!

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah Tell me about it. Main reason I went with a Glock was price and reliability.