SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A Tale of Two Walthers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Tale of Two Walthers Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
Without getting into too much detail, after a bit of a rough start to the New Year for a variety of reasons, God has made some great things come together recently that have not only made me even more appreciative of the blessings we continue to receive as a family, but provided me with the opportunity to get a couple of pistols I've been wanting for quite some time.

I have always loved the paddle mag releases, ergos, and triggers on the Walther PPQ 9mm and some of you might remember that when they first came out and were imported by S&W, I bought two of them at the same time and I have enjoyed owning and shooting the PPQ ever since. Later on, I bought a 5" M2 when those where released but did not like the button placement of the mag release so even though it was a tack driver, I ended up selling it as I didn't want to hassle with switching slides frequently and putting all the wear and tear on one frame since I had kept the second 4" PPQ I have unfired. Anyway once I found out a few months ago that they were finally releasing the 5" in a limited edition M1 model, I knew it was only a matter of time and timing before I would hopefully get at least one of these while they were available.

Fast-forward to last week and after finding only one distributor had the exclusive rights to offer them as a limited edition (gunbuyer.com), and keeping an eye on them for a while, I saw that they had put the M1 5" with the standard black barrels on sale for pretty much what they would have been back in the fall, after sending in the Walther rebate ($569). Again, thanks to recent blessings, jumped on the deal and ordered two M1 5" 9mm PPQs, requesting and receiving consecutive serial numbers. Despite a funky reflection on the final photo of the one on the left (the finishes on both are perfect), here are some quick photos of the twins I picked up today. If the test targets are any indication (same tester), these appear to have impressive accuracy potential, just like their brethren. Definitely looking forward to getting at least one of these to the range tomorrow! Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have heard nothing but good things about the ppq and am certainly going to rent one at least before my next purchase! (Need new full size carry and would love to not have to go block 17. I shoot them OK but would love something... Different.)

ETA: No manners. Congratulations on your turn of fortune!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pair of Walthers.
As a LH shooter, I too am a fan of the Walther's paddle release, egos and accuracy.
Good shooting with your new acquisitions.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Very nice Walthers. Congrats.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! I know it is hard to see in the pics, but I really like the fact they included red fiber optic front sights on these. I haven't been to an organized shoot in a long time, but I think these will give me all the excuse I need to go to one in the near future.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I bought the 5” m2 when it first came out and it instantly became a favorite. I added a Hiviz front sight and would frequently put the upper on a M1 lower as I too prefer the paddle release. Thanks for the heads up, must order one!

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post