SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 American Grip Poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 American Grip Poll Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I also would prefer the G10 grips to have NO palm-swell. Service pistol competition does no allow for palm-swell, and would love to replace the target grips on my P210 with G10.

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Wood Grips have been modified to have backstrap checkered. They are in marketing now for photo and posting.
Marketing is out of the office at a trade show. As soon as they get to it they will update ALL Sig P210 checkered images to reflect checkered back strap.

For now, here is a sampler;

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
G10 is still in the works.

We got pulled off to work on other HOT models but rest assured we will get back at as soon as possible and will post images once all areas have been address

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
Wood Grips have been modified to have backstrap checkered. They are in marketing now for photo and posting.

Great! Thanks for keeping an eye on the thread and keeping us up-to-date, Ken.

As soon as I finish saving the garage from imminent collapse I'll have to get a set of these on order.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken, will the G10 grips be smaller than the standard wood grips, if or when they show up?
Thanks.

I've sanded down a set of your hard wood grips, not the one that came with the pistol, & probably need to do more. Mounted a red dot with an EGW dovetail mount, & the pistol is not comfortable to shoot (red dot mounted high). Probably sand some more & paint the grips with non-skid. This is becoming a chore <grin>, the pistol is great, the grips suck.

** Note to anyone with short fingers, try it in hand before buying, there's not much after market available.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've sanded down a set of your hard wood grips, not the one that came with the pistol, & probably need to do more. Mounted a red dot with an EGW dovetail mount, & the pistol is not comfortable to shoot (red dot mounted high). Probably sand some more & paint the grips with non-skid. This is becoming a chore <grin>, the pistol is great, the grips suck.

care to share a photo how your sanded grips look like? I am thinking of sanding them too (already sanded inside to close the gap in halves on the back), but hesitating. Waiting for Hogue or whoever is like watching paint dry, and they may still come up with as thick a grip as the wooden one they supply to Sig. I think their "new" design with checkered back is just as thick, and G10 grip will be the same.
It kind of bugs me; I recall holding German P210 with Nill grips and they felt incredible. I was younger then, LOL.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My camera quit a couple of weeks ago.
I got a set of Hogue's after market grips for the P210A & sanded those down, kept the original grips as is if I decide to sell it. Mainly removed the rear "bump" & the sides down to the screw level. I'm going to see if I can find a wood worker/grip maker & see what they think.
Good lesson, don't buy until you handle if it's a new model to you, especially if it's new on the market & there's no after market products.

Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
G10's available yet ? I want to make sure I get myself something good for Christmas

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:
G10's available yet ? I want to make sure I get myself something good for Christmas

I thought Hogue quit working on them?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jonholl:
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:

I thought Hogue quit working on them?

quote:
G10 is still in the works.

We got pulled off to work on other HOT models but rest assured we will get back at as soon as possible and will post images once all areas have been address

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
As noted, Hogue has not quit working on them, just got pulled offer for other HOT projects. It is still on the plate, don't thing it will happen for Christmas Gift, this yearFrown

Wood grips with the checkered back straps are in production. Marketing has yet to get the web updated. They are swamped with end of year stuff but the keep getting prodded to get the web updated.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

posted Hide Post
quote:
As noted, Hogue has not quit working on them, just got pulled offer for other HOT projects. It is still on the plate, don't thing it will happen for Christmas Gift, this yearFrown

Wood grips with the checkered back straps are in production. Marketing has yet to get the web updated. They are swamped with end of year stuff but the keep getting prodded to get the web updated.

Hey, Ken, thanks for the info on these grips! I assume you're referring to the G10 grips getting pulled (temporarily)? Are the wood grips with the checkered backstrap now available, even though they're not listed on your website yet? I emailed the company earlier today asking the same question, but haven't heard anything back yet. And if they are now available, are we best off calling to place an order?

Thanks!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:

Hey, Ken, thanks for the info on these grips! I assume you're referring to the G10 grips getting pulled (temporarily)? Are the wood grips with the checkered backstrap now available, even though they're not listed on your website yet? I emailed the company earlier today asking the same question, but haven't heard anything back yet. And if they are now available, are we best off calling to place an order?

Thanks!

Frank

Yes, I am referring to G10 when I say we got pulled off for other HOT projects.

Wood grips are available W/Checkered back straps.
All checkered grip order WILL have checkered back-strap as standard. Web site has yet to be updated even though we have been pushing to get this updated so I don;t have to keep assuring they are checkered.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:

Thanks!

Frank

Yes, I am referring to G10 when I say we got pulled off for other HOT projects.

Wood grips are available W/Checkered back straps.
All checkered grip order WILL have checkered back-strap as standard. Web site has yet to be updated even though we have been pushing to get this updated so I don;t have to keep assuring they are checkered.

Great, thanks for the clarification!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, waiting on G10..

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I prefer wood grips on 210s. Since the back straps are now checkered, I decided to order a set of Hogues in Walnut for my American 210. have to say,I've used Hogue grips for years on various pistols, but these exceeded my expectations. My set are a dark Walnut with very nice figure and Hogue's usual precise checkering. I don't think fit could be much better unless they were fitted to my actual gun.

Well Done Hogue!

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
My set are a dark Walnut with very nice figure and Hogue's usual precise checkering. I don't think fit could be much better unless they were fitted to my actual gun.

Rock, those look great!!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updates?

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was the recipient of the set that Ken posted the picture of. Fit and finish are excellent along with the wood choice. I'm very happy with my set and all the other grips I have purchased from Hogue.

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15 January, I know SHOT show is monday but any updates