SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 American Grip Poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 American Grip Poll Login/Join 
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted
OK, You have been asking and we are listening.
We (Hogue) are currently offering wood grips to fit the American P210, smooth and checkered. We are currently doing a running change and checkering the back-strap as a "standard" option. Once this has been complete we will update pictures on the web store.
Again, we are listening.

Now, we need you help in deciding what to offer in G10. Thus this poll.
Due to the design of the grip we will need to make hardware to mount. Will post images of the variances once hardware is available. Prototype has the removal of about .075"-.095" material off back-strap. Hate to tease you with this but if this works this grip, G10, will be smaller than the wood currently offered. G10, will have a slight contour/palmswell also.
So, on with it.........

Question:
What G10 color(s), texturing option. Smooth is an option for any color but what are you looking for.........

Choices:
Solid Black G10 checkered
Solid Black G10 Piranha
G-Mascus Black Checkered
G-Mascus Black Piranha
G-Mascus Blk/Grey Checkered
G-Mascus Blk/Grey Piranha
any other options you may be thinking of...
none of the above. I'll keep my wood!

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I voted G-Mascus Blk/Gry Checkered, but really, I'll be happy with G-10 anything, except smooth.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can G-10 be made to resemble real wood?
Like Cocobolo, Walnut, Rosewood, etc?
Seems like that would be the best of both worlds.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as it's smaller I don't care. I've already sanded down one of your after market grips.
What hardware are you talking about?

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with solid black, but other subdued colors in a one-color set of grips might be interesting. I'm thinking in terms of dark gray, dark gray with a hint of green, or the dark brown color I've seen on some of your walnut grips.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Ken, I have been wishing someone would produce 210 grips with a straighter back strap, much like the the flat/straight mainspring housings available for 1911 type pistols. So I'm all for your removing that .095" off the back strap of your 210 American grips. I'd also appreciate some grips WITHOUT palm swells. Plain black Checkered, flatter back strap, no palm swells would be my choice.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted G-Mascus black/gray checkered, Although black would be okay, except it might be a little boring on an all-black pistol.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the size and shape of the factory wood which I believe is made by Hogue. I want G-10 and a grippier surface e.g., golfball or deep checkering. Black is fine as is ODG, FDE, Mil Brown, etc. I don't want checkering on the backstrap, vertical grooves would be awesome.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
Old school here. I like G10 for the texture, but on the P210 don't feel I need it to be too aggressive.

Checkered black on black with black trim and black highlights for me. Same as on my P239, 220, and 226.

Thanks,
BT

Seek out those called “experts” by the ones who have earned your respect. Avoid those who publicly proclaim themselves as one. Especially if they are selling T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
Just voted. And I can say that when I order a set I will be reviewing them on my web page www.paragraph4.media yes that is a shameless plug

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
I know this poll is for G10 BUT...

Here it comes.

Looks like we have a winner.

Going through inventory now to get all Checkered wood P210 grips updated. Once complete we will get the WEB update with New Picture.

For now..........G10 grips will be texture to like above

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yes, that is much much better. Got have traction on the back strap.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Ken,

Why have there been so few options in "Red Lava" from Hogue? It's my favorite color G10 and looks great on so many guns (may even look great on the P210A

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Diggin' the backstrap checkering.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken,
The pattern you show is OK by me although I would prefer vertical groves like a classic 1911 MSH. As long as they are G10, come in basic black, OD, FDE or the like and have an aggressive grip I'll be buying a set.

Now, if we can get SIG or maybe Mecgar to make extended 10 round magazines.... Or maybe get SIG to make the P210 in double column magazine? Come on SIG, you know you want to.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
Looks like we have a winner.

Going through inventory now to get all Checkered wood P210 grips updated. Once complete we will get the WEB update with New Picture

Definitely looking forward to those!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take my $$$$$$

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:
Take my $$$$$$

Would love to, but, need to get (wood)inventory processes first THEN we'll take your money.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

posted Hide Post
Updates on G10 grips for our 210's ?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:
Updates on G10 grips for our 210's ?

And back strap checkering on the wood ones? The web site is still showing them smooth.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post