SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mosquito fail to eject
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mosquito fail to eject Login/Join 
posted
I'm having a problem with the Mosquito.
It was, not ejecting, it looked dirty so I cleaned it and still fires but won't eject....??

Posts: 24 | Location: Fort Lauderdale FL | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
mosquito's are finicky they require higher powered 22LR Like CCI MiniMags, if you run cheaper lower powered ammo it may not move the slide properly and you'll have failures..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
A friend brought one to the range once. After struggling with it for about 8 magazines. I told him he had a great gun. He replied with a pretty shocked what? I told him he had a great gun to practice clearing malfunction with. That does not mean that all Mosquito are jammatics.

I'd clean it really good. Lube the crap out it. Then I would run it with some good solid high power rounds like CCI Mini Mags and such. Don't use the bulk pack stuff. Might just need some breaking in. If still bad, I'd call Sig Customer Service.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm going to clean it, again, lube it well and get some Mini Mag ammo...tnx

Posts: 24 | Location: Fort Lauderdale FL | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I used to have also ran well with Federal Auto Match .22. Bulk packs of something like 320 rounds for a fair price. Used to get it a Sportsman's Warehouse and maybe even Walmart at one point.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned my Mosquito for many years now. They do not like under powdered ammo ESPECIALLY when they are new and tight. Keep it clean and WELL lubed(dripping) and use CCI MiniMag ammo for the first 600 rounds and you will likely see a different handgun performance wise.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Landmancpl
posted Hide Post
My solution; POLISH the chamber. Then sand the paint off of the rails (upper and lower) and polish them. Then LUBE with a grease/ATF mixture (honey/syrup consistency)...

Thereafter keep the chamber clean and run the gun WET... works for me with all ammo.

Posts: 1 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: February 26, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have the standard Velocity or the high velocity recoil spring installed?

Posts: 726 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is almost 5 years old!!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
I know , 5 years …
By now , 90% of Mosquitos are in cut up parts located in a landfill

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to get this out there, try using a trick bullseye shooters have been using for decades. Load the mags and then run a small bead of oil on the bullet of the top round. Do that for each mag and your gun should extract and eject just fine.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post