SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a Kel-Tec PMR-30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Kel-Tec PMR-30 Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
LGS had two trade in Kel-Tec PMR-30 in the used case. Both looked brand new super clean last week. Went back tonight and one was gone. Made me a deal at $249 so home it came. Shoots 22WMR. Looking forward to shooting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Should be fun shooting it. I had its predecessor, when Kel-Tec was Grendel, the Grendel P30, and it was a blast to shoot.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRK - Two things to know...
1- You just made a GREAT investment...18 to 24 months ago these were going for over $400 and three years ago over $600....I tell you this because if you do not like it just hold on toit until it gets closer to the next election...You will make money on this pistol...
2 - Mine LOVES ammo...Amazing how fast this little pistol can eat thru 26 rounds of ammo...It takes some effort to get those last 4 rounds in these mags so when I shoot mine I usually load 26 rounds in my mags....

Buy you a few extra mags now while they are affordable...I have seen these mags go for $50.00 a piece back several years ago also....Fun pistol to shoot - Provides a fireball out the end of the barrel with every shot...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Based on personal experience, read your owner's manual and load the magazines as described.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
You made a very good buy, it was being at the right place at the right time.

That Kel Tec is rare in my area. I've always thought I would want one, first examined one only last year. But the grip just didn't fit my small hands.

Hope you enjoy your purchase!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I was pleasantly surprised at the trigger on the one I shot. Lots of fun! Enjoy!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sound like a pretty good deal. I’m thinking about picking up a green one because I kinda dig the green

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good buy. Mine loves A22 35gr CCI. Buy a loader like Maglula or the upside down one I forget the name. Kingsfirearms has the best price for extra mags.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, trigger is pretty good and I like the sites too. Load magazine as described, mine has been a lot of fun. You’ll like that Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At that price it's a buyer.
LGS near me had a FDE CMR30 but it was priced at 750. The CMR is the one I'd want, but a PMR to pair it with would be fun.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You did well at that price. My local shop had a used one that had a royal blue cerakoted frame for $400, and a new one for $450 a few months ago.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I couldn't pass it up with that price,

Do want to pick up some extra mags, probably after I go shoot the thing in the next day or two making sure it functions,

Kel-Tec is only 20 miles from home so if there is any issue I can take it over there on the bike LOL.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Being close to the mothership is nice.
The few times I've needed to phone them up it's been no problems at all. Polite staff & quick to help.

Broke the tab off the slide stop & they had a new one in the mail pretty quick.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Should be fun.

I have the Grendel P-31 and it coes through the thirty round clip too fast. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up two mags from Classic Firearms, they came up with a good price on the mags at $22 each and only $3 for shipping, I tried Kingsfirearms and the mags were a few bucks less but $20 minimum shipping fee took them over $30 a mag...

Never have used Classic but so far it seems good, have received enough emails to know I'm on the list and they shipped UPS today...

Now to find a good source for 22 WMR

posted Hide Post
I've always wanted one of those because they are really fun to shoot. I guess the only reason I haven't jumped yet is that it's tough to swallow .22 ammo more expensive than 9mm.

Same reason I don't have a TCM 22 or 5.7 x 28mm

The fun might draw me in one day though.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy shooting the pmr30. Hornady 45gr critical defense shoots well and does not have the huge flash/fireball in the one I shoot. The trigger is very smooth and has a nice feel. As others have mentioned, the last few rounds can be a little stiff, even when broken in some. Not really bad, but can be a little tough.

Not exactly an inexpensive 22 to feed, but is very enjoyable.

You did well at that price, op.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next you'll need a CMR-30 too

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post