SIGforum
Picked up a Kel-Tec PMR-30

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1290054564

January 14, 2020, 09:07 PM
HRK
Picked up a Kel-Tec PMR-30
LGS had two trade in Kel-Tec PMR-30 in the used case. Both looked brand new super clean last week. Went back tonight and one was gone. Made me a deal at $249 so home it came. Shoots 22WMR. Looking forward to shooting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 14, 2020, 09:59 PM
Should be fun shooting it. I had its predecessor, when Kel-Tec was Grendel, the Grendel P30, and it was a blast to shoot.

Q

January 15, 2020, 04:30 AM
sigarmsp226
HRK - Two things to know...
1- You just made a GREAT investment...18 to 24 months ago these were going for over $400 and three years ago over $600....I tell you this because if you do not like it just hold on toit until it gets closer to the next election...You will make money on this pistol...
2 - Mine LOVES ammo...Amazing how fast this little pistol can eat thru 26 rounds of ammo...It takes some effort to get those last 4 rounds in these mags so when I shoot mine I usually load 26 rounds in my mags....

Buy you a few extra mags now while they are affordable...I have seen these mags go for $50.00 a piece back several years ago also....Fun pistol to shoot - Provides a fireball out the end of the barrel with every shot...Mark
January 15, 2020, 06:14 AM
RichardC
Based on personal experience, read your owner's manual and load the magazines as described.

January 15, 2020, 07:09 AM
Sunset_Va
You made a very good buy, it was being at the right place at the right time.

That Kel Tec is rare in my area. I've always thought I would want one, first examined one only last year. But the grip just didn't fit my small hands.

Hope you enjoy your purchase!

美しい犬
January 15, 2020, 07:39 AM
19tass
I was pleasantly surprised at the trigger on the one I shot. Lots of fun! Enjoy!
January 15, 2020, 08:51 AM
Kskelton
Sound like a pretty good deal. I’m thinking about picking up a green one because I kinda dig the green

www.OneStopFirearms.com
January 15, 2020, 09:15 AM
JG
Looks like a good buy. Mine loves A22 35gr CCI. Buy a loader like Maglula or the upside down one I forget the name. Kingsfirearms has the best price for extra mags.
January 15, 2020, 10:40 AM
FlyingScot
Congratulations, trigger is pretty good and I like the sites too. Load magazine as described, mine has been a lot of fun. You’ll like that Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb
January 15, 2020, 12:05 PM
P250UA5
At that price it's a buyer.
LGS near me had a FDE CMR30 but it was priced at 750. The CMR is the one I'd want, but a PMR to pair it with would be fun.

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 15, 2020, 12:22 PM
P220 Smudge
You did well at that price. My local shop had a used one that had a royal blue cerakoted frame for $400, and a new one for $450 a few months ago.

January 15, 2020, 12:42 PM
HRK
Thanks, I couldn't pass it up with that price,

Do want to pick up some extra mags, probably after I go shoot the thing in the next day or two making sure it functions,

Kel-Tec is only 20 miles from home so if there is any issue I can take it over there on the bike LOL.

January 15, 2020, 12:56 PM
P250UA5
Being close to the mothership is nice.
The few times I've needed to phone them up it's been no problems at all. Polite staff & quick to help.

Broke the tab off the slide stop & they had a new one in the mail pretty quick.

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 15, 2020, 04:56 PM
.38supersig
Should be fun.

I have the Grendel P-31 and it coes through the thirty round clip too fast. Wink

January 16, 2020, 02:13 PM
HRK
Picked up two mags from Classic Firearms, they came up with a good price on the mags at $22 each and only $3 for shipping, I tried Kingsfirearms and the mags were a few bucks less but $20 minimum shipping fee took them over $30 a mag...

Never have used Classic but so far it seems good, have received enough emails to know I'm on the list and they shipped UPS today...

Now to find a good source for 22 WMR

January 16, 2020, 07:49 PM
1s1k
I've always wanted one of those because they are really fun to shoot. I guess the only reason I haven't jumped yet is that it's tough to swallow .22 ammo more expensive than 9mm.

Same reason I don't have a TCM 22 or 5.7 x 28mm

The fun might draw me in one day though.
January 16, 2020, 08:47 PM
tgmr05
I enjoy shooting the pmr30. Hornady 45gr critical defense shoots well and does not have the huge flash/fireball in the one I shoot. The trigger is very smooth and has a nice feel. As others have mentioned, the last few rounds can be a little stiff, even when broken in some. Not really bad, but can be a little tough.

Not exactly an inexpensive 22 to feed, but is very enjoyable.

You did well at that price, op.
January 18, 2020, 01:14 PM
sigNull
Next you'll need a CMR-30 too

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"