SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Sauer AXG
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Sauer AXG Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Is that steel or aluminum?

The grips look plastic?

G10
See the layering ?

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just when I thought I was safe from grip screws....

Posts: 13793 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely like to see how the line-up of this turns out.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Just when I thought I was safe from grip screws....

Have the neighbor kid help you with them.

Big Grin

ETA:
I would change those to Allen or Torx though.
Never have been a slot fan, except on vintage stuff where it belongs.

Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
People actually like flat triggers? I thought that was just a meme.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That AXG seems to result from a long circular journey that concludes by asking, “Now what did we not like about the 226/229?”

But, I’m sure alloy frames are much cheaper now.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Well, the AXG has a larger ducktail than the standard Classic line SIGs, which I’ve been told all these years is to prevent hammer bite. Roll Eyes

Straight triggers in handguns have proved to be a major advantage for me. Because of the curvature of my trigger finger, the tip tends to contact the sharp pointed end of curved triggers. That’s uncomfortable and interferes with good trigger control. My fingertip contacts the same spot on straight triggers, but they don’t jab into it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GataGunner:

Wink

1) You almost don't notice the difference between curved and flat.
2) Flat does bring more leverage to the party because your contact area is lower on the shoe face compared to a curved shoe face.
3) More leverage = lower pull weight.
4) You are not "cool" unless you have some flat triggers in the stable.

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Well, the AXG has a larger ducktail than the standard Classic line SIGs, which I’ve been told all these years is to prevent hammer bite. Roll Eyes

I have a P226 Elite that has the same beavertail as this AXG.

True, most P226 don't have much of a tail...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GataGunner:

I really like them. I don't know about a "meme," but I have them on all my P320's and P365's, and on some rifles and carbines. I couldn't care less how they look.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:

Yes, I know about them, and when I questioned why such tails had gotten so big years ago, it was supposedly to prevent hammer bite.

My comment was intended as a bit of irony about the fact that hammerless pistols are now similarly equipped.

I also find it interesting to watch the birth of new words or meanings. The most common way of describing the traditional triggers of Classic line SIG pistols and countless other guns is and always has been “curved”; how else would they be described?

And then the most common antonym of curved is straight, and yet somehow “flat” has become the way to describe modern triggers like the AXG’s. It would be interesting to know which vocabulary-challenged Internet pundit first did that.

I could attempt to start a movement to encourage the use of the proper term, but that of course would be a futile waste of time and effort. Already enough people are calling them flat triggers, so there’s no doubt that flat triggers they will always be. As I say, I find it fascinating to see such things happen. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Big Grin They're being persnickety - the flat triggers have that little bitty bend down near the bottom, and the marketing kids probably vetoed calling it a 'bent' trigger.

It's interesting to hear your comment on the tip of your finger contacting the sharp, pointed end of a curved trigger. I have a slightly different problem with the trigger on the original P6/225 ("bottom" edge of the trigger finger seems to rub against the top of the bottom of the trigger guard or something), but I'm kind of curious to see if putting a flat trigger on one would help me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Yes, I know about them, and when I questioned why such tails had gotten so big years ago, it was supposedly to prevent hammer bite.

My comment was intended as a bit of irony about the fact that hammerless pistols are now similarly equipped.

I also find it interesting to watch the birth of new words or meanings. The most common way of describing the traditional triggers of Classic line SIG pistols and countless other guns is and always has been “curved”; how else would they be described?

And then the most common antonym of curved is straight, and yet somehow “flat” has become the way to describe modern triggers like the AXG’s. It would be interesting to know which vocabulary-challenged Internet pundit first did that.

I could attempt to start a movement to encourage the use of the proper term, but that of course would be a futile waste of time and effort. Already enough people are calling them flat triggers, so there’s no doubt that flat triggers they will always be. As I say, I find it fascinating to see such things happen. Smile

I don't have a problem with either.
Often you'll see "flat-faced trigger shoe".

What I find odd/funny is "magwell".
Magwell is part of all pistols.
It's where the mag goes.

But some fool decided to call an add-on, magwell funnel, a magwell.
It's a magwell funnel.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I find odd/funny is "magwell".
Magwell is part of all pistols.
It's where the mag goes.

Yes, I thought about including that example in my rant as well, but believed it would be over-egging my pudding. Wink

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Maybe the beavertail is to prevent slide bite, not hammer bite?

If I over grip my G17, the slide will bite the web of my hand. Maybe it's to force you to grip it lower?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5372 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Maybe the beavertail is to prevent slide bite, not hammer bite?.

Exactly. Many folks like you have issue with slide bite.

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Exactly. Many folks like you have issue with slide bite.

As I say, I have long wondered why the ducktails on certain guns were so large, and therefore I’ve followed the rationales offered whenever the question has been discussed. Except for mention of slide bite with small guns like the PPK, it was always hammer bite, and I never saw it described as a problem with full-sized guns like all the SIG Classic line pistols that never commonly featured ducktails except in relatively recent times. I can understand how it could be a problem with Glocks and their low bore axes that aficionados praise so much, but with the P320‽ All I can say is I’m thankful I don’t have the hands that could get in the way of the slide of a gun like that.

But if we must have a reason and it can’t be hammers any more, slides will do. Thanks for that explanation that helps me keep up with these things. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Slide Bite is a "thing".

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Slide Bite is a "thing".

What gun caused that?

6.4/93.6

— Plato