SIGforum
Kel Tec CP33 ..... Update: Bought one

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1290016874

January 13, 2021, 01:54 PM
HRK
Kel Tec CP33 ..... Update: Bought one
For sometime the CP33 has held my interest should have bought it when it was on sale on Sheedy Ern Ern, but with the shipping and fees it wasn't much of a savings anyway.

Found several locally, so before buying wondered if any of the SF brood has one, and what they experienced, good n bad.

I'll probably get one, since a 33 rd 22 pistol is appealing for target, and my 22 can will fit making it a fun range toy, to go with my PMR30

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

January 13, 2021, 03:30 PM
Bluecobra
I bought one about 8 months ago and have enjoyed it. It is a little large but it has a 33 rd magazine so that is ok. I put a thin strip of skater's tape on the front strap and back strap of the grip because it is all plastic. The mags are a pain to load but once you get used to them and they break in a little it is not too bad. I bought the loader from Keltec but it only works so-so for me.

I put my Ryder suppressor on it and I am gtg.
January 14, 2021, 10:22 AM
HRK
Decided to go for a motorcycle ride and somehow ended up at the LGS, we worked out a deal, so I went ahead and bought the CP33.

Interesting firearm, it's lightweight, well balanced. Trigger feels crisp, light, similar to my PMR30.

The really wild part are the magazines, double row double stack, 33 rounds of 22LR. Loading them is interesting. Trying to put the tiny 22 rounds into the mag with fat fingers isn't easy, having tight cut finger nails doesn't help.

Mag springs are tight, which you'd expect when you're trying to compress two springs. Kel-Tec advises loading 20 to 25 rounds at first and running the gun a few times before going to 33 rounds I ended up at 15 -18 rounds before deciding it was time to stop.

Keltec has a speedloader by American Speeloader for the CP33 mags, so I ordered one, making loading easier and faster, and refilling mags at the range will be something I'd be able to do in a reasonable time.

Will have to get it to the range, and get a picture of it with the Spikes Buckwheat can...