SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320X5 tungsten grip mod
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320X5 tungsten grip mod Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Why not use the plastic grip-frame as a burn-out for a stainless frame casting?

Not enthused over a tungsten polymer grip frame.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Let us not forget the PPQ Q5 Steel Frame.

Just what I was thinking of.
Also the metal butt sections for 2011s, costing hundreds of bucks but adding weight over the original plastic.
Also CZs and Berettas with accessory rails unlikely to ever see a laser, but adding weight.

I think USPSA and IPSC are driving a move to heavier guns for competition.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my grip TXG grip module today and it certainly feels more like metal than any type of plastic. The one thing I have noticed right away is that opening for magazines seems to be a little snug and magazines do not easily insert like the stock grip module. I'll have to wait and see how it goes after a little dry fire.

Anyone else notice magazine insert feeling a little tighter with these?

This grip module will go on my primary USPSA gun but I don't think it will go into use until after Area 3 this weekend.

The TXG grip module increased the weight a little more than 7 oz's from my current setup and takes my Carry Optics X5 up to 43.81 oz.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Osage is advertising the tungsten grip again for about two fifty, and has a "coming soon" for a gray one at two hundred (presume without the mag well).

For that, I'd get one, and I wouldn't be using a mag well anyway.

If I could get Grayguns do do the same sculpted work on the new grip (is it possible?) that they offer on the x-carry grip that's on my P320 full size, I'd go that route.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Osage is advertising the tungsten grip again for about two fifty, and has a "coming soon" for a gray one at two hundred (presume without the mag well).

For that, I'd get one, and I wouldn't be using a mag well anyway.

If I could get Grayguns do do the same sculpted work on the new grip (is it possible?) that they offer on the x-carry grip that's on my P320 full size, I'd go that route.

All of the work that can be done on the standard and X grip modules can be done to the TX grips.

I'm pretty sure we built the first TX carry version. Not many folks want to hack up a $300 frame.Smile

He wanted a TX carry to go with his Legion. They texture just fine as well..

We did use a pro series slide instead of the X carry slide though... 39.5 OZ and the balance is outstanding.

With the LE Pro Carry Slide.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stippled just the panel areas of my TXG and it went the same as doing the original X-Grip and the feel is incredible.

The gun draws and points amazingly well with the extra weight. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
I stippled just the panel areas of my TXG and it went the same as doing the original X-Grip and the feel is incredible.

The gun draws and points amazingly well with the extra weight. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

Pictures?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:

Pictures?

I currently am not hosting pictures anywhere so I emailed a couple pictures to the email in your profile. If you need them sent to a different email account just email me the address to the one in my profile.

posted Hide Post
Thanks; I didn't get the email, but I've had a few posters here who have tried and for whatever reason, I never received the emails. I don't know why.

posted Hide Post
We liked the flexibility of the configurability. Now we get it. Embrace it. Third part solutions are coming out. I can buy a bare FCU for not much and build what I want. Expect every aftermarket thing you can image, just like Glocks. For me, I'll wait for the alloy frame.

Just built a 10/22 with not a single Ruger part. (a take down pistol with brace that is amazing). Soon for the P320.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Osage got more TXG grip modules in. 199 for the module without the funnel. I believe it comes without the additional grip weight, too.

Grayguns declined to accept a TXG module for "sculpting," so I'll have to do without that. I'm curious about the TXG grip, so I'll replace the Grayguns grip module I'm using on the competition pistol for now, with the TXG to see how that goes. I do like the Grayguns module; I wish they offered the TXG as an option. Perhaps in the future.

posted Hide Post
I finally got a chance to shoot an X-five Legion tonight. Very cool. It had an optic, no mag well. It performed better than I'd thought. The owner put in a Grayguns fat guiderod and twelve pound spring, running 147 grain. Really nice shooting pistol.

My TXG should be here Friday. I'll probably order the same Grayguns fat guiderod. I was leaning toward the tungsten one, but the balance with the setup I shot tonight was outstanding. I've read that Bruce Gray says the P320 is oversprung. I liked the combo this evening.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally got a chance to shoot an X-five Legion tonight. Very cool. It had an optic, no mag well. It performed better than I'd thought. The owner put in a Grayguns fat guiderod and twelve pound spring, running 147 grain. Really nice shooting pistol.

My TXG should be here Friday. I'll probably order the same Grayguns fat guiderod. I was leaning toward the tungsten one, but the balance with the setup I shot tonight was outstanding. I've read that Bruce Gray says the P320 is oversprung. I liked the combo this evening.

Were those hand loaded 147gr rounds of factory loaded?

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was running factory rounds, I forget which. I ran my own reloads through it, in this case 147g Ranier Flat Point over 3.3g Titegroup, mixed brass, CCI500 primer, 1.155 COL, and lee factory crimp.