SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320X5 tungsten grip mod
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320X5 tungsten grip mod Login/Join 
posted
Just got an email stating the new grip mod is now available on sigsauer.com

This thing is supposed to be end all in competitive upgrades to the 320.

Pretty excited

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well for 300 bucks for a grip module it should be. lol

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two fifty at Osage.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Really trying to get their R&D back on them aren't they.

So knowing what the dealer price is on the X5 Legion, and the grip module being $250-300 that makes the rest of the pistols cost ridiculous. Big Grin

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Two fifty at Osage.

SNS3 - I have called myself looking and cannot find this grip at Osage...When you have time can you please post me a link....Thanks Sir...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, this is twice that SIG has surprised me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if SIG has any plans to make them in the original pattern? I'm not a fan of the X grips.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Two fifty at Osage.

SNS3 - I have called myself looking and cannot find this grip at Osage...When you have time can you please post me a link....Thanks Sir...Mark

It appears to have been taken down. It was there when I posted earlier: I was looking at the ad. It's not there now.

--Looking at their search feature, I see two options pop up when I type in TXG; one is the grip module without the funnel, for 200. The other is the grip module with the funnel for 250. When I click on the link, it takes me to something else. I can only surmise that they're getting ready to offer it, but don't have it ready yet, so what I saw earier was perhaps someone jumping the gun (so to speak).

Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Osage posted on FB that Sig made this item exclusive to Sigstore.

“We've received multiple phone calls today regarding the P320 X5 (Legion) Tungsten infused grip modules which are now missing from our website.

We have orders in place (directly with Sig) for the grips with and without the magazine well. The grips were included in Sig's most recent price list that was distributed in late June. We put the grips on our website so customers could add their email addresses for email notifications. Today Sig started selling the grips directly to consumers but haven't shipped our orders yet.

We received a phone call today from a Sig Sauer representative requesting that we remove both grips from our website and that Sig is exclusively selling the grips on their website.

We have a good relationship with Sig so we pulled the product listings until we can coordinate with our rep and determine what the game plan is for these grips. We're hoping there is some internal confusion that will be resolved and we will post an update here when we have more information.

Please comment or message us through Facebook if you'd like but our phone staff won't have more information than what has been provided in this post and we apologize for that.”

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Yup, bought one right off!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Osage posted on FB that Sig made this item exclusive to Sigstore.

“We've received multiple phone calls today regarding the P320 X5 (Legion) Tungsten infused grip modules which are now missing from our website

We have orders in place (directly with Sig) for the grips with and without the magazine well. The grips were included in Sig's most recent price list that was distributed in late June. We put the grips on our website so customers could add their email addresses for email notifications. Today Sig started selling the grips directly to consumers but haven't shipped our orders yet.

We received a phone call today from a Sig Sauer representative requesting that we remove both grips from our website and that Sig is exclusively selling the grips on their website.

We have a good relationship with Sig so we pulled the product listings until we can coordinate with our rep and determine what the game plan is for these grips. We're hoping there is some internal confusion that will be resolved and we will post an update here when we have more information.

Please comment or message us through Facebook if you'd like but our phone staff won't have more information than what has been provided in this post and we apologize for that.”

Thanks Beanhead for this detailed response. I buy from you guys when I buy so I will sit tight to see what is forthcoming. Being a newly released grip module I realize I might have to wait a while which is not a problem right now.....Thanks Sir...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NGL_BrSH:
Just got an email stating the new grip mod is now available on sigsauer.com

This thing is supposed to be end all in competitive upgrades to the 320.

Pretty excited

What is the "competitive upgrades"? Do you mean it is supposed to be the "end all and be all" in competition upgrades for the P320 X-5?

Tungsten must be expensive. It's a pretty pricey grip module.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Tungsten must be expensive. It's a pretty pricey grip module.

Tungsten is quite a bit more expensive that steel. To give you an idea of the cost a metric ton of tungsten in 2018 ran $30,300 and a metric ton of copper was $5,719.

The only other ways to add weight to a stock X5 is to head over to Shooting Sports Innovationa and buy a tungsten slug to replace the factory one and that will set you back $250 or one of their tungsten grip modules that will set you back $500.

When you consider the alternatives to add more weight to the X5 Sig's grip module at $300 is actually a bargain. I would say Sig coming in at $300 with theirs will pretty much drive the Shooting Sports Innovation one right out of the market.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tungsten infused polymer is certainly innovative. I'm interested to see how well it holds up. One would think that every particle of tungsten in the material would represent a weakness, or failure point.

posted Hide Post
I'm just musing here. Nothing substantive. I think I've been around too long (obviously having fun here). First handgun was a WW II surplus 1911 in 1961.

- 1911's have a thumb safety. Too complicated for many people. Let's invent modern DA/SA's.

- DA/SA. Too hard to learn the DA and the transition to SA. Let's invent polymer striker fired pistols. No safeties, lighter trigger pulls, pistol is lighter than steel/aluminum.

- Strikers. Dangerous, due to a lighter trigger pull with no safety. Lets invent safeties for strikers.

- Strikers. Nice, but too light. Let's make them heavier with titanium infusions.

- The 9mm round is ineffective, let's invent the 10mm (Miami). Oops, too much recoil. Let's invent the .40 S&W.

- Damn, the .40 is too "snappy". Let's re-invent 9mm, only with a bonded core. Nirvana.

- Those newfangled iron sights on pistols are hard to use. Let's invent optical sights...and double the price of the gun.

Not saying a lot of choices is bad. However, old guys like me sometimes find the cycles amusing. Razz

FWIW, I actually own revolvers, 1911's, DA/SA, strikers. Shoot .38 Spl, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP. Use iron black/black sights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not just buy one of the Sig metal guns? The all steel ones weigh in around 40 ounces, should be heavy enough.

Posts: 1252 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigs marketing amazes me. They develop a poly striker gun to compete with the Glock. One of the big selling points is the ability to configure the gun in various ways with modular components.
The new gun costs around $550 - 650, depending on features.
Great! Then:
The conversions kits cost nearly as much as a complete gun. The grip modules (I know you can find them cheaper) on the Sig site are as much as $60.
Now they have Tungsten grips and pro slides at $300.
Is anyone actually going to buy these things at these prices?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Why not just buy one of the Sig metal guns? The all steel ones weigh in around 40 ounces, should be heavy enough.

The only steel striker I can think of off the top of my head is Kahr, and SIG's striker is night and day different from Karh's. If you want the trigger feel of SIG's striker and the weight of a steel gun, this is the ticket.

It's funny, I remember when the P320 first came out I said it would be nice if someone made a metal grip module for it, and most feedback told me told that nobody would want a heavier P320. I guess now maybe SIG thinks some people do.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us not forget the PPQ Q5 Steel Frame.

Posts: 1252 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Sigs marketing amazes me. They develop a poly striker gun to compete with the Glock. One of the big selling points is the ability to configure the gun in various ways with modular components.
The new gun costs around $550 - 650, depending on features.
Great! Then:
The conversions kits cost nearly as much as a complete gun. The grip modules (I know you can find them cheaper) on the Sig site are as much as $60.
Now they have Tungsten grips and pro slides at $300.
Is anyone actually going to buy these things at these prices?

I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that the huge boom in 80% builds has supported the P320 parts demand and will continue to support them. I have heard of FFLs parting out complete guns to sell as kits for the same price as a complete gun, and in some cases more than the cost of a complete gun. Now what the FFL does with the serialized skeleton FCU, I have no idea.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post