SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P225 Imported in 2010 "German Police Pistol"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P225 Imported in 2010 "German Police Pistol" Login/Join 
Picture of Ero
posted
As I understand, Sig USA imported a batch of P225's from Germany in 2010. On the left side of the slide they were marked "German Police Pistol."

My question. Would these pistol's be marked with the normal two letter proof date under the muzzle? Am I correct in my thinking that Germany requires proof dates on all pistol's manufactured by them?

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ero:
As I understand, Sig USA imported a batch of P225's from Germany in 2010. On the left side of the slide they were marked "German Police Pistol."

My question. Would these pistol's be marked with the normal two letter proof date under the muzzle? Am I correct in my thinking that Germany requires proof dates on all pistol's manufactured by them?

Dan

The date code on this one is located on the hidden side of the barrel hood, and it's "BA".

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Thank you, 12131, for your rapid response to my question.
It is interesting that the proof location was switched to the barrel hood.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The date code on the bottom of the slide, under the muzzle, went away many years ago.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post