SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New or old S&W 629?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New or old S&W 629? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I received a 4" 629 "no dash" as a graduation gift that Larry Kelly tuned and ported in 1980. Never shot a newer 629 but mine is pretty slick. I would post a picture but seems like I am not allowed to.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Ruger GP100 in 44 special with 3" barrel and fiber optic front sight. I've got some 240 grain at 1000 fps I'm going to try out of it soon to see how manageable it is. This may be the "perfect" hiking gun? Normal 44 Special out of it was a joy.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Nothing like on oldie:

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2209 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have a 3" 629-4. and a nickle 29-2. Both will eat anything, but the stainless might be a bit tougher. On the other hand, the 29-2 is factory magna-ported, which helps a whole bunch. Either way, you're going to love a .44/ .44mag blaster!!

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
Nothing like on oldie:

Mmmmm good ! You don't see many blued like that in great condition as yours.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post