SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt 1991 Compact in the collection. (Range report added)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt 1991 Compact in the collection. (Range report added) Login/Join 
posted
I found this very clean compact while looking at the local firearms forum. The gentleman was asking $600, but we settled on $575. We met up yesterday at the local PD and the deal was done.

The little pistol cleaned up really well. There was some surface rust in the slide serrations and around the sights, but it removed with no damage to the finish. I applied white testers paint to the sights and all is well. The gun came with 3 mags and all factory items as well as the factory box.

I have a nice set of black wood grips with silver Colt medallions that will be in tomorrow as well as a set of Hogue hex head gripscrews. My EGW Officers Guide Rod & Spring Kit w/ Clark Plug will also be in tomorrow. This should dress her up nicely.

The pics were taken as it started raining so please excuse the raindrops.:

Proper grips added today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
WOW. That's very nice, and a very attractive price, too.

Congratulations on a beautiful gun.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one just like that. I bought it used but never fired back in 1996 for $350. Two years later my car was broken into and I had left the gun in the car, so it was stolen. Nice pistol but very ammo sensitive.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Love the medallion grips! How does it shoot?

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Sweet! Love the medallion grips! How does it shoot?

I was able to hit the range with the Colt today. Ammo used was:

Sellier & Bellot 230 FMJ
Winchester PDX1 230gr JHP
My reloads- 230gr Zero FMJ

The little Colt ran everything without a single issue. Function was 100%. Ejection was a little erratic, but everything cleared the ejection portSmile. I can care less were they land as long as they don't jam my gun up.

All in all, this was money well spent.

First two mags at 7yds- getting used to the trigger.

One more mag @ 10yds

Another mag @ 15yds. I threw a couple out:biglaugh:. Hey, it's not a target gun.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are very good groups for a compact 1911. Looks like you bought a winner!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fuzzy on the Compact thing. Is it a Commander?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I'm fuzzy on the Compact thing. Is it a Commander?

It is not a commander sized gun.

Compact= 3.5 barrel & officer length frame
Commander= 4.25 barrel & full length frame

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Nice 1911 and nice shooting - congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sweet, brings back memories of shooting my buddies Colt M1991 - he had the full size model if I recall correctly.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! That is a very clean example of an ORM compact. You don't see too many unmolested pieces in that condition. That was a good price.

Enjoy!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find and good shooting!

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, I have an identical one. I need to shoot it more.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Nice Colt – congratulations. I had a Commander Model 1991 when they first came out. It was a great shooter and accurate too. Despite being no frills models they really were great guns.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post