SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 SAO Grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 SAO Grip Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if 'thin grips' are available for the P220 SAO?

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sir. Do you happen to know how much reduction the Hogue grips offer compared to the factory grips. I didn't find any of their ad verbiage referring to the grips being thinner than factory.

I'll be replacing the grips on a Super Match. I'm hoping to get closer to what my 1911 pistols feel like; the operative word being 'closer'

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh, going from those bulky factory wood grips to Hogue, you will be pleasantly surprised about the size reduction. That's a guarantee.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the Hogue G10 and Sig rosewood grips on my P220 10mm SAO and the Hogue are noticeably thinner.

Posts: 27 | Registered: September 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great news. I appreciate each of you taking time to respond. Now it's just a matter of sorting through the grips that Hogue offers.

posted Hide Post
I really like the G10 grips that come with the Legion SAO (at least those on my 2017-produced model). They are labeled “HTM”, presumably for Hogue Tool & Mfg.

The checkered G10 grips offered by Hogue to the public (as per 12131’s link) are a bit different, but should be close.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hogue also makes a checkered aluminum grip for the SAO P220.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post