SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hello new from Wis.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello new from Wis. Login/Join 
posted
I have been a reader for awhile long time sig owner 228 German 9mm and 2009 swiss /german 9mm an some other's reading up on 229s in 40 220 in 45

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wundhund:
I have been a reader for awhile long time sig owner 228 German 9mm and 2009 swiss /german 9mm an some other's reading up on 229s in 40 220 in 45

Welcome!
What Swiss/German 9mm do you own? I'm guessing the P210?

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
German user name and a fondness for German/Austrian firearms...in Wisconsin? Shocker!

I lived in Cedarburg when I was a little kid and my grandfather lived in Tomah. Shame the Brewers couldn't get it done this year. Pretty clear the Pack isn't gonna either.

Welcome aboard!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from the 51st state.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In aswer to the firearm wish it was a p 210 no 228 west Germany wihtout rail stamped upper 1985 production it has serviced me well. The 2009 their first poylmer swiss bottom stamp upper with restricted magzines I have acquire regular mags for it after reading reveiws here and some other's I acquire a red box 229 in 40 cal.was totally impressed was like getting a new gun for half price ! That also shoots well and the trigger is great.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
In aswer to the firearm wish it was a p 210 no 228 west Germany wihtout rail stamped upper 1985 production it has serviced me well. The 2009 their first poylmer swiss bottom stamp upper with restricted magzines I have acquire regular mags for it after reading reveiws here and some other's I acquire a red box 229 in 40 cal.was totally impressed was like getting a new gun for half price ! That also shoots well and the trigger is great.

Are you sure it is a 1985 gun? Eek

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q - I thought 1988 was the first year the P228 was produced?.....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Q - I thought 1988 was the first year the P228 was produced?.....Mark

Hence, my question.
A 1985 P228 would be THE unicorn of unicorns. Eek

Q

Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from a fellow cheesehead.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
What is a polymer Swiss bottom stamp upper? Can you post a picture?

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
What is a polymer Swiss bottom stamp upper? Can you post a picture?

Probably talking about the Swiss frame SP2022, but its slide is milled stainless steel, not stamped.

Q

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks Q. I didn't understand what the OP meant.

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello again sorry to cause excitement I pulled the firearm from the storage space after reading the post and fact section the markings serial # is on the barrel ,slide and frame proof marks bottom of slide kf under the other two marks mags look like preban serial no. Starts with b. I am going to take some photos of both and figure out how to upload this weekend an trie and find bill of sale when I bought it an owner manual for it thank you information on 228

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello again sorry to cause excitement I pulled the firearm from the storage space after reading the post and fact section the markings serial # is on the barrel ,slide and frame proof marks bottom of slide kf under the other two marks mags look like preban serial no. Starts with b. I am going to take some photos of both and figure out how to upload this weekend an trie and find bill of sale when I bought it an owner manual for it thank you information on 228

Thanks for clarifying. The KF date code means it's a 1995 SIG. Smile

Here are the conversions from letters to numbers:

A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
J = 8
K = 9

Q