SIGforum
Mossberg MC SC1

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1240067954

August 09, 2019, 10:00 AM
ScotP7
Mossberg MC SC1
Any folks with experience and commentary on the new little Mossberg?
Some reviews have said better trigger and accuracy than a G43. Your experience?
August 10, 2019, 05:41 AM
triaxle
I looked at one and evert thing looked good , trigger seemed nice ,price was right . I may have took it but wanted the one with night sights .
August 11, 2019, 01:26 PM
ScotP7
Not great market penetration yet?
August 11, 2019, 01:37 PM
RHINOWSO
For a semi-serious shooter, they real question is "why bother with it?".
August 11, 2019, 02:51 PM
ScotP7
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Because for me, the G43 is perfect, except it doesn't have a Sig 365 trigger. If someone else came up with a great trigger in the G43 platform that would be great. Though I suspect it would be a stretch to hope that Mossberg did.
August 11, 2019, 02:54 PM
Ronin101
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:

Because for me, the G43 is perfect, except it doesn't have a Sig 365 trigger. If someone else came up with a great trigger in the G43 platform that would be great. Though I suspect it would be a stretch to hope that Mossberg did.

huh a Sig 365 does have a 365 trigger Smile. Good luck finding a decent holster for the mossberg as well!!
August 11, 2019, 03:16 PM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:

I found the 365 triggers to be average at best. Surely one of the aftermarket triggers is up to your standards? Even then, we're talking about a G43 here.

August 11, 2019, 03:29 PM
DaBigBR
I grabbed a few of them to sell (see my post in the classifieds). They seem nice overall. Decent trigger, sights, ergos, etc. "Safe" takedown is a gimmick. Glock magazine and Sig sights compatibility are neat but maybe sticking with Glock sights would make more sense. If I was in the market for a single stack 9mm, I'd probably consider it.
August 12, 2019, 06:50 PM
ScotP7
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScotP7:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I found the 365 triggers to be average at best. Surely one of the aftermarket triggers is up to your standards? Even then, we're talking about a G43 here.

Warp,
Really? Any insights appreciated.
I have a Ghost connector on G43's with over 2000 rounds on each, and the Sig trigger still seems better -- and I think that's why I shoot better with the Sig. It just doesn't feel right in the hand.
Scott
August 12, 2019, 06:52 PM
ScotP7
huh a Sig 365 does have a 365 trigger Smile. Good luck finding a decent holster for the mossberg as well!![/QUOTE]

Smile Yeah...
Well, I sure asked for that.
I keep trying to resist the obvious.
August 12, 2019, 06:53 PM
ScotP7
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I grabbed a few of them to sell (see my post in the classifieds). They seem nice overall. Decent trigger, sights, ergos, etc. "Safe" takedown is a gimmick. Glock magazine and Sig sights compatibility are neat but maybe sticking with Glock sights would make more sense. If I was in the market for a single stack 9mm, I'd probably consider it.

Thanks for the response.
Scott