SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 LEGION CONVERSION FROM 9MM TO 357SIG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 LEGION CONVERSION FROM 9MM TO 357SIG Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone tell me what is now required to change from 9MM to 357SIG?

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Complete upper/slide/barrel, locking block, and mags?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
All P226 locking inserts are the same.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I converted a P229 DAK .40 to .357 Sig by just changing out the barrel. I would imagine you would just need a barrel, mags, and springs.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was buying my 229 years ago, I was told I could change a P229 or P226 .40 to a 9MM and .357 sig by just a barrel change.

The 9mm could not be converted the same way because the slide was narrower and would not take the .40 and .357 sig barrels.

I turned down a P226 9mm at a good price for that reason. I am sorry I didn't grab the P226.

Things might have changed that was around 2005

I have three barrels each for my P229 and P239

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I think you would need to change the whole top end as well, barrel, slide and probably magazines. The breach face would be different between the two. If you were going the other way, from .357 to 9mm you could get a conversion barrel, I did that with a P229, and that is all you would need.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
you need a 40S&W conversion kit with a 357 sig barrel or a 357 sig conversion kit. Unfourtuately the supply has dried up and who knows when sig will make more with the backlog of guns they are working on.

Osage County Guns is a pretty good vendor but they are out. You could contact them and get on a list!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 9mm and 357/40 slides are different, however the frame of the p226 is the same for both. You will need a new slide, recoil spring, recoil guide, barrel, firing pin, firing pin spring, safety lock, firing pin roll pin, safety lock spring, ejector, ejector roll pin, ejector inner and outer spring, and #8 front and rear sights.

Of these parts between the 9mm and 357 sig the following parts are different:

Slide for .40/.357 sig
Recoil Spring for .40/.357 sig
Barrel .357 sig

You could remove all of the other parts in your 9mm and install them into a new .40/.357 sig slide however realistically those parts are fairly cheap. I would just get a whole different set of parts for a 357 sig slide and keep your 9mm slide built encase you want to shoot 9mm or sell it off.

Posts: 37 | Registered: September 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post