SIGforum
Updated P320s issued today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1220027734

February 13, 2018, 06:21 PM
john1
Updated P320s issued today
Today was 1st quarter quals and the "old" P320s were turned in and the new updated ones issued out.

We found that when press-checking or if when racking the slide a deputy rode it, they failed to go into battery by about 1/4 inch or so and needed a little tap.

Maybe it'll take breaking in and some wear, but it was universal with all the ones I was on the range for.

Has anyone else found this?
February 13, 2018, 06:35 PM
ceptor781
We’re swapping ours this coming spring qual. Will check back.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."
February 13, 2018, 06:41 PM
10round
I have the same issue with my FS older model that had the lighting cut. Riding the slide or press check and it would hang up without going into battery, just about breath on the slide and it was go into battery. Didn't have the problem with my newer compact slide w/o lighting cuts. Both were sent in together for the upgrade.

DPR
February 13, 2018, 06:48 PM
sns3guppy
I have a couple like that, and one that does something funky when resetting. The counsel by and large when people began reporting such things was to get out and shoot the pistol. I did with all of mine, and all functioned 100%.
February 13, 2018, 07:51 PM
10-7 leo
My compact .40 is like that. It appears to me that the round is not sliding easily under the extractor. It never occurs when shooting or slingshotting the slide.

It may just need a little dressing up with a file.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin
February 13, 2018, 08:29 PM
Roughneck6
My FS P320 9mm was also an original with the cuts in the slide. It did the same thing as you described after I got it back from the upgrade. However, after I fired 100 rounds, it went away and it feeds and ejects like it did prior to sending it in to Sig. Still is an absolute tack driver accurate.
February 13, 2018, 09:24 PM
BuddyChryst
Did factory "lube" happen to get stripped and re-lubed? Or were they shot out of the box?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
February 14, 2018, 06:08 AM
john1
Straight out of the box, issued out on the range.
February 14, 2018, 06:15 AM
HayesGreener
My former agency got theirs and is in the process of issuing and qualifying with the new guns. The report I get back is that the officers believe the trigger break is improved

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
February 14, 2018, 07:34 AM
Bigboreshooter
My FS 45 did that for the first couple hundred rounds. Doesn't do it any more.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

February 16, 2018, 02:47 AM
92fstech
Mine is supposed to be getting replaced when sig gets around to sending us our new ones. I'm not really thrilled, as I'm very happy with my current one. It shoots 100%, is scary accurate, and doesn't have any weird quirks. IMO there's not much room for improvement...but there's plenty room to get worse.
February 16, 2018, 05:35 AM
exfed2001
quote:
Originally posted by john1:
Today was 1st quarter quals and the "old" P320s were turned in and the new updated ones issued out.

We found that when press-checking or if when racking the slide a deputy rode it, they failed to go into battery by about 1/4 inch or so and needed a little tap.

Maybe it'll take breaking in and some wear, but it was universal with all the ones I was on the range for.

Has anyone else found this?

If it's like my 320C 45 was when I go it, the extractor was overly tight and the claw to bolt face clearance was extremely tight. Even fresh factory rounds could jam just short of battery.

I duplicated the SIG performed extractor mods measurements and tension on my 250 45C and have had no problems since.

It literally took TWO thumbs to slide a round under the extractor from below on the slide off the weapon. The extractor to claw clearance was barely enough for the case rim to fit.

Break-in may also accomplish the same thing.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------