SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P210 Target Range Report - Not Good
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P210 Target Range Report - Not Good Login/Join 
posted
100 rounds through it yesterday and a massive amount of failures, FTF, FTRB, no slide lockback on last shot, and going into battery when a magazine inserted. Cabela's says they will make it right but we'll see. So far it is the worst pistol I've ever owned. Hate to dump on Sig but it is what it is.

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Whoa, Nelly. We need more information than that. What ammunition, for one?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
What kind of P210 is that exactly?

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it cleaned and properly lubed prior to shooting, or did you just take it out of the box and start shooting?

Were the magazines clean and dry inside, or is there preservative in there?

Light hand loads or factory ammo?

Did anyone else shoot it and did they experience the same issues?

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampfhamster:

In particular, a P210A Target?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is that the op was using some powder puff 115gr ammo.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but OP sounds more like just wanting to rant rather than having any interest in diagnosing the problems. Provided no useful info, other than loads of complaints in one short sentence.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hate to dump on Sig but it is what it is.

Certainly you can't do that, she is Made in USA. It is what it is...

Posts: 512 | Registered: February 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Paul7, These guns are precisely, even tightly, fitted with a rather stout recoil spring. What you describe is consistent with ammo too under powered to reliably cycle the pistol, especially since it is new. Do you think this might be the issue? Perhaps I am way off on this speculation, but without more information, best I can do.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certainly doesn't reflect my experience with my new P210A. Several hundred rds, five different magazines, cheap factory ammo (Blazer brass), and still waiting for the first malfunction of any kind.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Perhaps I am way off on this speculation, but without more information, best I can do.

No you are not. We are experiencing a new generation of P210 owerns. It´s ging to be interesting......

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this as it’s the first report I’ve heard of any problems with these. I have 210A and mine (built Dec 28th,2017) has been perfect; accurate, amazingly crisp trigger, and 100% reliable with all ammunition (Magtech 115, Speer 124 and Freedom 147). Hope this gets resolved and it gets fixed or Sig gets you a new pistol.

Posts: 172 | Registered: August 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will put money on ammo. I will give odds on freedom munitions. But sooner or later they will have a dud. But this post isn't really interested in discussing that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I could be wrong, but OP sounds more like just wanting to rant rather than having any interest in diagnosing the problems. Provided no useful info, other than loads of complaints in one short sentence.

You could be, and you are wrong. What do you want to know?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

Yes. Ammo was Blazer 115 gr. and Speer 147 gr.

In answer to someone else's question, nobody else shot it, but I'm going on 60 and have owned dozens of handguns and have never had one this bad with so many different issues. Have two other Sigs with no issues. I know some here don't like to hear this happening, but as I said it is what it is. My Kel-Tec Sub2000 I also had with me yesterday ran like a top compared to this POS.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope this gets resolved and it gets fixed or Sig gets you a new pistol.

Cabela's said they send defective guns from all their stores to a private gunsmith, don't have the name handy, and that they are usually able to resolve these issues. Anyone have an opinion on this?

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As the owner, you should call SIG Customer Service and they will email a free shipping label to you. Let the factory fix it, not some unknown gunsmith.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skipsan:
Certainly doesn't reflect my experience with my new P210A. Several hundred rds, five different magazines, cheap factory ammo (Blazer brass), and still waiting for the first malfunction of any kind.

That is certainly a more typical experience with these guns I found doing my research beforehand, but it's kind of like saying to a guy with prostate cancer, "I don't have prostate cancer." Smile

The US guns have a reputation of not being ammo finicky, unlike some of the older European ones, so I don't think ammo is the issue here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul7:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

Yes. Ammo was Blazer 115 gr. and Speer 147 gr.

In answer to someone else's question, nobody else shot it, but I'm going on 60 and have owned dozens of handguns and have never had one this bad with so many different issues. Have two other Sigs with no issues. I know some here don't like to hear this happening, but as I said it is what it is. My Kel-Tec Sub2000 I also had with me yesterday ran like a top compared to this POS.

Did you clean and lube it?

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post