SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If Beretta's M9A3 had won the military contract ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Beretta's M9A3 had won the military contract ... Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
What holsters and magazine pouches would have been part of the package?

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Probably the same stuff as the M17 contract - Safariland.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Same stuff they have been using for 3o years? The mags are the same dimensions as current Beretta mags, and the pistol is the same size as an M9A1 isn't it?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the A3 is the same size as the A1 but the A1 is a USMC only COTS purchase.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
COTS purchase?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Commercial Off The Shelf.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I don't think Beretta's bean counters are that good. I know that most of their profits will be on the back end but I can't see them making the numbers work so they could sell a quality-built alloy framed gun for anywhere close to $207/217 per unit (SIG's price per gun for the 320, depending on who's source you believe), especially one that in the commercial marketplace commonly retails above $900.

Then again the Army probably doesn't need the plastic 30cal ammo can gun case...that would save a few pennies. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would imagine the sand resistant mags and some variant from Safariland for a holster.
I did see some Marines with Blackhawk thigh rigs in the recent post about SecNav visiting troops over the holiday though, so who knows.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
With all of the LEOs that carried Berettas over the years, Safariland would seem to have had an inside track if the military had gone with the A3s.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post