SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 VTAC issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 VTAC issues Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
I liked my Xcarry so much that I also acquired a VTac. I've shot them side by side 3 times now. The VTac has had issues with failure to feed and failure to hold the slide back after the last round fired. The failure to feed issue has happened with 3 different types of ammo and 4 different magazines. I've also put the VTac slide on the Xcarry frame and had the same issues. I put the Xcarry slide on the VTac frame and all was fine. I have cleaned and oiled the VTac and not the Xcarry. The Xcarry has been flawless with the same ammo. I noticed when hand cycling the VTac with the trigger held back, that there was an appreciable resistance that isn't evident with the Xcarry. The same resistance was felt with the VTac on both frames. That resistance isn't there when cycling without holding the trigger back. All of the ammo has been 115 grain, but once again the Xcarry has had no issue with it. Also, at 25 yards the VTac is shooting 6 inches low. The Xcarry is scary accurate at that range. Needless to say, Sig CS will be getting a call on Monday. I think I should be able to send back just the slide, since the problems have occurred on different grip modules and FCUs. Any ideas from the P320 Gurus would be appreciated.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what a bummer. I am loving my 2 320x5's. The vtac is on my list, someday. Looks like a great gun. I hope you get it worked out. Please keep us posted.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
The Vtac’s low shooting is almost universal across the board and Sig always blames the shooter. The tall sights with a deep notch has just caused a lot of low POI’s. If I concentrated, used a rest and fired slow, I was able to get center shots, but never freehand at any speed. I ended up ditching the sights for Dawson’s but its a shame Sig wont do anything for you on that.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I read on another forum that the slides were milled incorrectly for the sights put on it and that they would re mill the slide when it was sent back. I'll find out when I get CS on the phone.

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Sig CS confirmed that some slides were milled incorrectly for the sights. On it's way back to Sig. Have to send the whole gun in, bummer.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah but it sounds like the whole gun needs some TLC or a wholesale replacement.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you sent it back yet? I am having the same issue but Sig said my serial number was not one of the earlier produced VTAC's. Thay asked me to send it to them for testing also. Will take 4 to 6 weeks to get it back...
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Sig CS confirmed that some slides were milled incorrectly for the sights. On it's way back to Sig. Have to send the whole gun in, bummer.

Posts: 1 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Got it back yesterday after 2 months. Nothing in the packing slip except to say they test fired it at 10 yards with Ransom rest and combat sight picture and it was within specs. The test target showed it was in the lower left corner of the target. I emailed the CS rep and he confirmed that engineering had it for the whole time and decided it was within specs. I put a GGI PELT2 trigger in it this morning and shot it today. No issue with the failures to feed. It seems that the stock trigger had too much overtravel and when it was held all the way back it interfered with the slide moving back. GGI Pelt2 fixed that. I shot it again at 25 yards and was 4 inches low below point of aim. I started shooting using the tritium lower sights at distance and was on target. At speed within 10 yards I was very happy with the sights. At distance it seems to be sighted in for the lower night sights. I've asked the CS rep if the X ray sights will fit/work on the VTAC. I can make the sights work for me, but I shouldn't have to use different levels at different distances. No response yet about XRays on the VTAC.