SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 stuck decock lever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 stuck decock lever Login/Join 
posted
I recently got a W. German P226.

Occasionally, the decock lever gets stuck is the down position.

Never expereinced this with my never one or with any other 226.

I'm assuming this isn't normal, but I wanted to check here, as I did just get the gun back after sending to Sig for their full service, etc.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh. send it back. its not normal.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
OEM grips?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
When you say stuck do you mean you can’t push it back up, so frozen in place, or does it just go limp?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
I recently got a W. German P226.

Occasionally, the decock lever gets stuck is the down position.

Never expereinced this with my never one or with any other 226.

I'm assuming this isn't normal, but I wanted to check here, as I did just get the gun back after sending to Sig for their full service, etc.

I'll assume that this didn't happen before you sent it in for their full service. In SIG Full Service, the only thing decocking related that is replaced is the decocker spring. So, maybe check that spring out for any abnormalities. Maybe it's pressing too hard against the decocker's surface?

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
OEM grips?

This...........^

Does it have the original grips?
If not, perhaps the grip is hindering the decocker from upward travel...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, what happened to OP?

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, what happened to OP?

The original poster joined here 9 years ago and has made 118 post in that time... not like some of us, some people don't live on the internet or in front of their computer.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, what happened to OP?

The original poster joined here 9 years ago and has made 118 post in that time... not like some of us, some people don't live on the internet or in front of their computer.

That's cute. You don't need to "live on the internet", when you're asking questions / for help. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2300086664/p/1

Q

Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
I had this issue on a W. German P226. I ended up replacing the de-cocking lever and the de-cocking lever bearing.

Problem solved.

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post