SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 confusion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 confusion Login/Join 
Picture of rmw
posted
I recently bought a P226 .40 CPO ser. #U 707 1xx. As far as I can tell, it's dates approx. 2005. The slide has the dual roll pin, seemingly pointing to a rolled slide. It has the internal breech block, short external extractor, no V on the top of the slide. Frames is marked "Frame made in Germany", and on the left side of slide, just Sig Sauer P226. No markings at all on right side. Condition is approx. 95% with just a few minor marks on the frame anodizing. Does this one seem a bit unusual?

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can’t answer all the other questions, and I’m not sure what you mean by a “rolled slide,” but all P226 pistols chambered for 357 SIG or 40 S&W have one-piece stainless steel slides. The earlier ones had solid firing pin positioning pins, but later they were changed to roll pins.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmw:
I recently bought a P226 .40 CPO ser. #U 707 1xx. As far as I can tell, it's dates approx. 2005. The slide has the dual roll pin, seemingly pointing to a rolled slide. It has the internal breech block, short external extractor, no V on the top of the slide. Frames is marked "Frame made in Germany", and on the left side of slide, just Sig Sauer P226. No markings at all on right side. Condition is approx. 95% with just a few minor marks on the frame anodizing. Does this one seem a bit unusual?

It's a single spiral roll pin that looks like a dual roll pin, and the slide is one-piece milled slide. Not a 2-piece folded slide with a separate breech block (no such a slide for a .40 caliber SIG).

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Unusual for a CPO, no. CPOs could be pieced together by what ever parts SIG has lying around.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
Questions answered. Thanks.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post