SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Passing along some P226 Love
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passing along some P226 Love Login/Join 
posted
I was looking for a P226 in 40 cal. Posted in the classifieds, got a response, money was right and a deal was cut. Gun showed and it’s in top notch condition.
I’m impressed on the quality of the DA out of the box.
One question - I notice the trigger has to go completely forward to reset. Can a SRT be installed and correct that ?? (This is a DAO gun).

(I’d post a pic but it looks like you need to upload your pics to a pic hosting site and then use a link ??)

Posts: 45 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: April 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Your DAO P226 would need to be converted to DA/SA in order to use/install the SRT.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know if it's DAO or DAK? I purchased a DAK 226 and converted it to a DA/SA with SRT. It's pretty easy if you're handy, but it will probably cost you $150+ in parts to make the conversion. Let me know if you want to know what parts are needed, and/or how to do this.

quote:
Originally posted by Matsprt:
I was looking for a P226 in 40 cal. Posted in the classifieds, got a response, money was right and a deal was cut. Gun showed and it’s in top notch condition.
I’m impressed on the quality of the DA out of the box.
One question - I notice the trigger has to go completely forward to reset. Can a SRT be installed and correct that ?? (This is a DAO gun).

(I’d post a pic but it looks like you need to upload your pics to a pic hosting site and then use a link ??)

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the P226.
No, you can't use the SRT on either DAO or DAK.

From the TGS FAQ:
quote:
Parts to convert from DA/SA to DAK
DAK Hammer
DAK Hammer Strut
DAK Mainspring (red)
DAK Safety Lever
DAK Sear
DAK Sear Spring
DAK Trigger Bar
Note: Not all frames are DAK compatible. If in doubt, call SIG SAUER Customer Service with your serial number. (603)772-2302 or check further down for photo's showing both types of frames.
Parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA
Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Hammer
Hammer Strut Pin (except P239 which is integral)
Hammer Reset Spring
Hammer Strut
Mainspring
Safety Lever
Sear
Sear Spring
Trigger Bar
DA/SA Grips with Decocking Lever cutout
Parts to convert from DAO to DA/SA
Hammer
Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Parts to convert from DA/SA to DAO
DAO Hammer
Hammer Strut Pin (except P239)

For reference, here is a comparison of the hammers:

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to change to DA/SA, you might find someone wanting to swap to DAO in the classifieds. I did this once, both parties were happy!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VERY COMPREHENSIVE! And spot on. Once you convert to DA/SA then you can upgrade to the SRT. Also, I found that the hammer spring is still pretty strong and I could relax it to a #17 without any light strikes.

"FerrariSteve" has a multi-part series on YouTube on upgrading an older West German P226 to as close to Legion specs as possible. I must admit I like my 2005 LEO two-tone 226 better than the Legion, and for less than half the investment I have something I can also be proud of.

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Congrats on the P226.
No, you can't use the SRT on either DAO or DAK.

From the TGS FAQ:
quote:
Parts to convert from DA/SA to DAK
DAK Hammer
DAK Hammer Strut
DAK Mainspring (red)
DAK Safety Lever
DAK Sear
DAK Sear Spring
DAK Trigger Bar
Note: Not all frames are DAK compatible. If in doubt, call SIG SAUER Customer Service with your serial number. (603)772-2302 or check further down for photo's showing both types of frames.
Parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA
Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Hammer
Hammer Reset Spring
Hammer Strut
Mainspring
Safety Lever
Sear
Sear Spring
Trigger Bar
DA/SA Grips with Decocking Lever cutout
Parts to convert from DAO to DA/SA
Hammer
Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Parts to convert from DA/SA to DAO
DAO Hammer
Hammer Strut Pin (except P239)

For reference, here is a comparison of the hammers:

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post