SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GB purchase, Sig 220 nickel slide/accents
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GB purchase, Sig 220 nickel slide/accents Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
I won this auction on GB and the pistol will be here tomorrow. Its presented as a 220-45-T. I cant find any reliable info on the 'T' designation and how it left the factory. I called Sig and they said they have limited info on German made guns but the serial number range is from late 02 to early 03

Sig also stated they had notes that after serial G 211 XXX, modifications were made to guns, to include nickel slides/accents and more but had no solid details. anyone else have one of these or more info than ive been able to gather?? thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bolo4tom,

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I bought in 2002 looks just like that. My slightly older (G309XXX) came with the flush fit 7 round blued mags instead of the 8 round extended SS.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
LOL! Beginning with number G 211300, P220's were supplied with a reinforced receiver. No other changes were made at this time. At serial number G 219166, P220's were upgraded with the hammer rebound safety, a stronger (green) recoil spring, a stronger magazine spring and wider sights. Nickel accents were not a part of either of these product improvements.

Edit to add: With the implementation of the reinforced receiver at G 211300, slightly modified grip panels were introduced to fit the contour of the modified receiver. While some sources erroneously cite serial number G 219166 as the "magic number" where the new grips were introduced, when purchasing replacement grips it is important to note the change actually took place earlier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
"T" means two-tone, just like you have and that is all.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, I feel better that its a factory gun since MNSIG has one from 02 as well. Sig said they thought the 'T' was for traditional size, but two tone makes more sense. HJS, thanks for that info..you guys have more resources/knowledge that Sigs reps!

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice P220, old-school-ish.

Great pistol. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
thanks guys, I feel better that its a factory gun since MNSIG has one from 02 as well. Sig said they thought the 'T' was for traditional size, but two tone makes more sense. HJS, thanks for that info..you guys have more resources/knowledge that Sigs reps!

Listen to hjs157. He knows his P220s. When it comes to old school SIGs, any info given to you over the phone by a SIG CSR is suspect, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, listen to GaryBF. His "T" comment hit the nail on the head.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Very nice Bolo. I picked up a twin to yours last year that was built a little earlier, in 2000 as near as I can figure. Mine came with night sights (that were dead) and I’ve since replaced. I changed the grips almost immediately, as those stock ones are too slick for me. As Gary and Q have said, the ‘T’ is definitely for two-tone.

With the new grips and sights...

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very simple but classy P220 bolo. Looks like you've been on a Sig kick lately!

Tooky - I love those grips! I just have the standard grips on my 2 tone but seeing yours has got me thinking a little about different grips for it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
12131 I definitely trust the info I find here. I try to dig around for info on my own before asking questions, but I was coming up empty.

Tooky nice looking 220 and those grips you added are amazing looking. im gonna try to find me a few sets. thanks for the info.

RemSig thank you, I prefer simple, classic looking weapons. and yes, ive bought 7 new Sigs and 11 guns total in last 4-5 months.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
RemSig thank you, I prefer simple, classic looking weapons. and yes, ive bought 7 new Sigs and 11 guns total in last 4-5 months.

A man after my own heart. I've been thinking about posting my 220's after the run I went on in 2018 and will consider uploading pics and post them this weekend after reading that.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
bolo, can you take it easy on the GB man? You keep buying up all the good guns....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tooky, those are some nice looking grips on that 220. Congrats guys

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
RemSig I only have three 220s and would love to see the ones you have!

Skins that wasn't you bidding up the prices on my auctions was it?? lol no worries, im broke now and if I want to remain married, ive gotta take a buying break.

here is the pic of the 220 and another new pickup this week, a 226 MK25. the 220 is fantastic and if its had two mags fired thru it, id be surprised.

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
Tooky, ive been looking for a set or two of those grips, may I ask where you picked them up from or the best place to purchase a set?? thank you

posted Hide Post
bolo, Greg Cote, LLC has standard Hogue G-10 grips in that color configuration (without the Sig logo, I think), and I believe he ships Hogue G-10 grips for free. He's highly respected on this forum, and he's a super nice guy with great customer service.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
You've got yourself a classy pistol. I've loved the look of the two tones with the proper accents.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nice grip choice, I think they make the accents really stand out.

Beautiful P220.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tooky, ive been looking for a set or two of those grips, may I ask where you picked them up from or the best place to purchase a set?? thank you
As others have mentioned, they’re the Hogue G10 Piranha grips. You can get the plain ones from a number of places, including Greg Cote, Optics Planet, etc. Finding the ones with the SIG logo is the challenge. Occasionally, SIG will sell them through their factory store, but normally you have find someone who’s taken them off their gun and is selling them separately. I got the pair shown off a forum member a while back. They also show up on e-bay from time to time. I’d post a WTB ad in our classifieds. Good luck!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thank you! ive found several G10 grips that I really like but im gonna try to hold out for the Sig Sauer marked ones. since the ones people have came OEM or are takeoffs from other Sigs, it explains the apparent rarity of finding a set. if I find a few sets, the wait will definitely be worth it, they look absolutely amazing on two-tone, stainless or nickel guns!