SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP5K or Z5P or Omega 9K
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP5K or Z5P or Omega 9K Login/Join 
posted
Is the HK worth $500 more than the Zenith or $400 more then the Omega 9K, or is it just a status thing?

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
To my thinking, it was more of a status thing, and I'm a pretty devout H&K guy.

I bought the Zenith MKE Z-5K. The $400 (closer to $500 at the time I purchased) difference in price wasn't the only determining factor, but when I figured in that the MKE already had a paddle mag release AND a threaded/tri-lug barrel, that sealed the deal. Three mags with the MKE was also a (minor) plus.

Fit and finish of the MKE is great. Mine has run well, and has reliably feed every ammo type I've thrown at it. The only challenge I've had, and am trying to address, is a somewhat "sticky" trigger that doesn't always like to reset.

Good luck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JRC,

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled my brother's Z5P today, equipped with the SBT5k folding brace. It is awesome. I don't think the HK is worth the extra money. Take the $500 and buy 2 more mags and 2000 rounds of ammo. The Zenith is where it's at, I think.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my sp5k. Don't know if it's worth the extra cash but I like mine.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I've got a dj Getz. I would not pay hk prices for less product.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
I've got a dj Getz. I would not pay hk prices for less product.

Isn't he out of the business?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just saying clones are best bang for the buck.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found out this morning that a friend of mine who owns several HK's also has a Z5P SBR. He said he'd bring it to the range next week for me to shoot. Look'n forward to that.

posted Hide Post
I have a Z5K. I went with it because I wanted the ability to add a suppressor. The SP5K obviously doesn't get you there. The flapper mag release is a plus as well. I've handled and shot a couple real MP5s, including an SD, and I am very impressed with the construction of the Zenith.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I've handled and shot a couple real MP5s, including an SD, and I am very impressed with the construction of the Zenith.

I shot a full auto MP5K this morning, a full auto 94 last week, and an SD the week before. I can only dream about owning one of those but the Zenith is on my want list.

posted Hide Post
Any suggestions of where to buy the Zenith?

Posts: 7 | Registered: December 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HKSean:
Any suggestions of where to buy the Zenith?[/QUOTE
Here's one http://www.atlanticfirearms.co...detail.html?Itemid=0

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
When prices on the Genuine HK-94 and SP-89 started going out the roof and over the moon I sold mine and picked up a used CA-89 pistol, SBR'd it and didn't look back ... that was when the crew over at HK Pro was looking down their noses at clones in general ... and banned any discussion of Todd Bailey (owner of Special Weapons)

Recently I bought an Omega MP5 SD barreled receiver and it has been everything I hoped it would, it also came with a pistol end cap, full auto-carrier and bolt.
I've read there were a few problems with the early SD's but the other models seemed GTG ... the problem with the SD was the suppressor cage was off center and would rub on the suppressor ... and since the cage was off, so were the sights but guns were returned to Omega, repaired, refinished and returned to the customer; all at the expense of Omega. Since then the process of building has been perfected; and mine, has been flawless.

The only thing I would ask them to change is their wording in the advertisement which says
"After you take possession of the barreled receiver you can add your favorite trigger pack and suppressor"

It doesn't say anything about you favorite suppressor needs to be for an MP5SD ... which I find a bit misleading ... with a little ingenuity I made my SWR Octane work (its hearing safe but not SD quiet). If the HPA passes I'll buy an SD suppressor ... and I might anyway if I can't come up with a SD adapter so I can use all the baffles for the Octane.

It has a very nice finish and both fixed and retractable stocks fit perfectly. I've only used one trigger pack with the registered sear, (I haven't SBR'd it yet) it has ran flawlessly in full-auto as well as semi.

I give them a definite

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKSean:

http://www.kellyenterprises.ne...tols-and-rifles.html

This is the same guy with the "call for best price" ads on GB. I bought from him. Five minute phone call, no CC fees, and it was on my way.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKSean:

or try these folks, little cheaper.

https://www.rainierarms.com/ca...rch/result/?q=zenith

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, how much lower are Kelly Enterprises' "call for best price" prices?

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sold on the z5p but didnt pull the trigger. Now I am torn between the z5p and the z5rs. Wish I could just get both.

Kelly enterprises was about $50 cheaper if I recall but with free shipping and no cc fees. I think you can get it cheaper if you send a cashiers check or similar. He also had one that was basically an open box special. Not sure if it is still there or not. He was about the cheapest I could find when factoring in everything.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So here's what I'm thinking based on all the info I have now. I'm thinking Omega 9 because it is auto ready if I ever hit the lotto.