SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How about some FUN discussion. What's Your Favorite Handgun Caliber and Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about some FUN discussion. What's Your Favorite Handgun Caliber and Why? Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
@Pizzabob, I agree, 44spl is a lot of fun!
I especially like that blue 4" 24 on the left.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know I have shot at least a few rounds out of a HUGE diversity of calibers. Not all of them of course but a big chunk.

That said even though I have shot .44 Magnum.....I don’t think I have ever fired a single round of .44 special.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
@Pizzabob, I agree, 44spl is a lot of fun!
I especially like that blue 4" 24 on the left.

Thanks. The 4" 24-3 is actually the rarest of the 24-3's with 2625 produced. The 3" Lew Horton Distributor specials usually bring more money, but there were 5000 of them made.

The top left gun is a converted Model 28 using model of 1950 barrel. I had it done in the early 70's by George Matthews of Downey, CA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
.327 fed mag. The likable thing is versatility in loads it fires. I have loads I can watch the bullet fly in 32 S&W cases up through the Feds that are quite powerful enough.

I may have cited a chambering more so than cartridge. For that I’ll apologize and offer up a .40 S&W if the 327 is improper. The 40 has not lost its shine while the 9 was acquiring a shine. I’ve inventoried plenty of fodder for the various guns chambered for it.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll go with .45 Colt. It's big and every fired round makes me feel like John Wayne.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
cslinger, I'm with ya ... 45acp

Its what I cut my teeth on.

Favorite pistol to shoot it from, 1911 then HK MK23!

I have several 9mm, 380's, a couple 32's and a lot of 22's

45ACP forever!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going by what I own it’s 22lr, 357/38 then 357Sig. I settled on these three (4) calibers years ago. There really isn’t space between them, they’re all that good. Having semi autos, revolvers and long guns in 22lr is awesome as is having revolvers and long guns in 357/38. If I could find a long gun in 357Sig I’d sure like to get that as well.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
357Sig then 45 ACP in Semi autos and 357 Magnum and 460 XVR in revolvers.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
.45 ACP, so fun to shoot, and I shoot it best.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
9mm. And I like it best in a SIG P226, M&P or Glock 17.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm in Sig P226. I also like shooting my Ruger SR 22. I pretty much shoot all calibers. Mostly for fun. 44 special in my Ruger Super Redhawk.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
9mm Nato... Honestly, but shot from an HK MP5 , 3 shot burst is more satisfying because of success with hits.
Full auto is a deluxe Carnival tho.
I did both modes shooting at a Full Auto rental and promotion at my Club's Indoor range.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 ACP for me. I shot a metric ton of it in IPSC competition and a 1911 is my bedside companion.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
.327 fed mag.

This is my favorite, too.
.327 Fed. Magnum can create a big boom, or a small one. Hot-medium-mild, it performs much better than you think a .32 should.
So flexible in terms of loading.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I really like reloading the .44 special.
Soft shooting, accurate and is chambered by my favorite handguns... revolvers!

I love autos too and other calibers, I enjoy the .44 the most

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I like 9mm, really only for cost and availability.

A fun round is the .22TCM, makes a pretty muzzle flash when it goes off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
.327 fed mag.

This is my favorite, too.
.327 Fed. Magnum can create a big boom, or a small one. Hot-medium-mild, it performs much better than you think a .32 should.
So flexible in terms of loading.

This has become my new favorite. I have three guns right now and will add more. It's so flexible and fun to shoot. I have several different forms of 32 but have only shot the 85gr and 100gr Federal JSP.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have never tried .327 but I could see me liking it for both the magnum rounds and the versatility of the other rounds guns chambered in it can fire.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
.22 LR. It's inexpensive to shoot, there is little recoil or noise. It is pretty accurate, it doesn't damage steel and there is no need to pick up the brass at most places. It's just fun.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post