SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320X5 grip module/Spring Precision base pads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320X5 grip module/Spring Precision base pads Login/Join 
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted
I've got this grip module coming in the mail for my RX, and I've got a metric ton of 17 round mags, which if I understand correctly, will not seat properly, due to the magwell of the X5 grip.

So I've been looking at base pads to make them compatible. I see that Springer Precision makes some, and they recommend the .375", but to make sure you tell them about the magwell compatibility so they can, I assume, mill the top portion of the pad thinner. The only issue is, I don't see any option to add that on their order form.

So, does anyone here have the Springer pads with the X5, and do they work without that special order?

Thanks!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I’m using Obsidian Arms base pads.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronnied316:
I see that Springer Precision makes some, and they recommend the .375", but to make sure you tell them about the magwell compatibility so they can, I assume, mill the top portion of the pad thinner. The only issue is, I don't see any option to add that on their order form.

Where do you see that you need to tell them about the magwell compatibility? The only thing I see in their .375" base pad description is to tell them if you have the round hole or the square hole locking floortab/basepad. Below is text from their website.
quote:
*New magazines have a square-style locking floortab/basepad. If you have this style (as opposed to the round nipple-style locking floortab) please select the appropriate option in the drop-down menu. (see picture)

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
I followed up with Springer Precision on the phone. Only the longer extensions need some type of bevel to work with the magwell. Even the .250" extensions will work, they just won't stick out past the bottom of the magwell.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I’m using Obsidian Arms base pads.

I had the issue with .357sig/.40 14 round magazines with eh older style baseplate. I put an X-Carry grip module on my P320C and, of course, the mags would not fit.

I bought Obsidian Arms retainer plates and GGI Hard Duty base plates. Very satified with the result, but not cheap.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using Springer's base pads with the X-Carry grip only thing I dont like is the older (round hole) mags rattle a little. Not bad, just feels cheapish. Still have another pad waiting for an older style mag (long story).

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of the pistol, and you can see how far (not very) the Springer .375" pads stick out of the bottom.