SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some Ruger .44 Magnums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Ruger .44 Magnums Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Acquired a couple of new .44 Magnums.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wins

Got to love those 5-1/2” barrels!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have several myself.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I am really starting to get into the single action guns. I just acquired a 357 Blackhawk like yours and they look and feel incredible. Congrats on the pair.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice pair of hand cannons!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great lookin' pair...and eminently servicable in the way-back-of-beyond where wet conditions are a daily hazard to blued steel and walnut. Stainless is always a good choice there.

I've been a Ruger SA fan since my first BH purchased new for ~$87 IIRC, in '66 while still in college. A 6-1/2", it was very accurate, but the bbl. length did not work well for carry in Colorado's back country. I swapped it off for a 4-5/8", which turned out to be nearly as accurate and far easier to tote around.

All that said, I've currently got four .44 Spl's and an Anniversary .44 Magnum, and three are 4-5/8" bbl's, one a 5-1/2" and the Magnum is a 6-1/2".

While I prefer the 4-5/8's, a better compromise while still allowing ease of carry, is the 5-1/2. It's not so long as to poke you in the short ribs while seated on any modern conveyance, yet long enough with an extended inter-sight distance that gives good practical accuracy. It hits that sweet spot right on the mark.

One of my .44 Special Flat Tops is a 4-5/8" bbl'd Stainless Steel model, and, truth be told, usually gets more use here on our farm, when doing the daily chores. It's as accurate as the others, and goes a full day in any weather conditions without a worry, tho, I'd like it a bit more if it were an inch longer!

Best regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Two of my three .44 Magnum handguns. Only two are Rugers, the other is a T/C Contender.

Ruger Super Redhawk

Ruger Super Blackhawk

T/C Contender

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! My fluted 5.5" Super Blackhawk is one of my favorites. Little bit older 86 prefix.
I love wood grips but have some Pacmayrs on mind and carry it in a chest holster.
You have some fine looking Rugers enjoy.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful guns. I have a 7.5 inch Redhawk. I'd prefer the 5.5. I dont have a Blackhawk yet, but I will...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Mine:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
When it comes to revolvers I could be called a S&W guy, but I've only kept one 44Mag revolver over the years and it's a Ruger Bisley in 44Mag.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
At some point I hope to acquire a Redhawk to cartridge match my many .44 mag rifles, two of which are Rugers themselves.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
My first 44 was a 5 1/2" Redhawk back in 1983. Wish I still had it. Frown

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like my Redhawk much more now that I changed to the Pachymar grips that cover the previously exposed blackstrap. With full house Buffalo bore loads it helps!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post