SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    w.german 220 and new mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

w.german 220 and new mags? Login/Join 
posted
Any problem using new 220 mags in an older w.german gun?

Posts: 76 | Location: United States | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by new, but I've used the 8 rounders in both of my W. German 220's with no problems at all.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have both older and new manufacture P220 mags and have had zero issues with my West German P220.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have said new manufactured 8 or 10rd mags. Thanks

Posts: 76 | Location: United States | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey, As long as the W. German P220 has the American style magazine release in .45 or 9mm, they should work fine across the years with the new magazines.

The older European Sigs will need the mags with the flat baseplate from some of the newer style mags.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I use contemporary 7, 8 and 10 round mags in my 95 German P220.
All function flawlessly.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
As for aftermarket new, the inexpensive ACT mags function well for me; but even right out of the package, will not lock the slide back on my W. German P220. Some folks also report ACT mag bodies crack pretty early on too. No issues ever with the older zipper-back mags with steel followers, or old steel Mec-Gars.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 03 West German came with the ACT mags. The Act mags I never had a problem with.
I also have the new Sig 8 and 10 round mags that work. The only problems that I have with the Sig mags is with Hornady XTP bullets.

The XTP bullets have too long of a OGIVE. The rounds get jammed in the Sig mag.

The XTP bullets work just fine in the ACT mags.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my 220 made around the early 1990's the old 7 round and new 8 and new 10 round mags all functioned without any problems.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post